Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool

God damn! But mines legit?!

Screenshot-3.png

585639093[/snapback]

you need to be using IE, with activeX installed. also, you need to install the "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool" off Windows Update

you can find it after you install it, under Control Panel > Help > Is this copy of windows legal?

and it should take you to a web site, and just click "validate windows"

if it's legit, you'll get one of these:

post-42644-1111267109_thumb.jpg

What version of Windows are you buying for 600 bucks?????

Windows XP Super-duper Extremely Awesome Edition??

XP Pro is only 300 bucks. And if you buy the upgrade its only 200. And yes it will be more stable as Microsoft is toughening up and not allowing service packs to be installed on hacked copies of Windows.

So, if i spend $600 to get a copy of xp, i will have greater reliabilty, and a richer experience with it, than if i go with a warez copy?

Even though it's the same code? :D

585638534[/snapback]

you need to be using IE, with activeX installed.  also, you need to install the "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool" off Windows Update

you can find it after you install it, under Control Panel > Help > Is this copy of windows legal?

and it should take you to a web site, and just click "validate windows"

if it's legit, you'll get one of these:

post-42644-1111267109_thumb.jpg

585639614[/snapback]

lmao you forgot to mention running windows

What version of Windows are you buying for 600 bucks?????

Windows XP Super-duper Extremely Awesome Edition??

XP Pro is only 300 bucks.  And if you buy the upgrade its only 200.  And yes it will be more stable as Microsoft is toughening up and not allowing service packs to be installed on hacked copies of Windows.

585640164[/snapback]

I love that. "XP Pro is only 300 bucks." That sounds like quite a bit to pay for an operating system, don't ya think? :happy:

I hate it when i'm trying to download something from MS's website, they always want me to validate my damn windows when i've done the crap so many damn times. My :crazy: version of xp is legit too!

All us linux users should just turn this into a "look at our linux screenies!" thread, with the execuse that it's not working for *some* ever so unknown reason.

I love that. "XP Pro is only 300 bucks." That sounds like quite a bit to pay for an operating system, don't ya think? :happy:

585640263[/snapback]

No kidding, for $300 I could get myself a new decent server. Besides, Linux can do just about everything windows can do, and more (setup is just a bit more complicated, that's all). Besides all of that, it's FREE, and nearly all of the stuff for it is FREE.

I hate it when i'm trying to download something from MS's website, they always want me to validate my damn windows when i've done the crap so many damn times. My  :crazy: version of xp is legit too!

585640280[/snapback]

Or you can press "Skip validation", they're not forcing you to validate.

Or you can press "Skip validation", they're not forcing you to validate.

585640517[/snapback]

That's what I was going to say :p

These people act like they are forced to validate :pinch:

That's what I was going to say :p

These people act like they are forced to validate :pinch:

585640661[/snapback]

the demo on the web site, says you will be able to download stuff such as windows photo 3, which is ONLY avaliable to valid XP's. which is saved on your own PC.

im not sure if you can skip THOSE downloads?

the demo on the web site, says you will be able to download stuff such as windows photo 3, which is ONLY avaliable to valid XP's.  which is saved on your own PC.

im not sure if you can skip THOSE downloads?

585640908[/snapback]

Well if they're trying to get "exclusive" content, then they should have a legit XP in the first place. Otherwise why does all the legit people have to pay for freeloaders?

I've got an issue, I can't install some ActiveX components. Microsoft update 6 won't install. This genuine program won't install, but the exe tool that is used for validation validated fine.

So I've got a legit copy, just my ActiveX is messed up...

Any ideas how to fix it?