• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

X-Box Crashing in US

olowzon    0

3 of 5 X-Box machines have crashed in toyrus stores in USA

(not looking good)

vassie    0

well it is made by microsoft!

RazerBack    0

And release a Linux version.

altezza    0

It's not worth getting X-Box then...

PS2 still rules!

PabUK    28

Could you provide a link to a news story please? How do we know this is true otherwise?

Spectre    0

those were preview versions ... and the actual problem was cooling-related because the company supplying the coolers somehow ****ed up their product.

do you really think the world's biggest software developer would release an unstable CONSOLE? people, have some common sense. comparing a console OS to a PC OS is like comparing a brick to a whole skyscraper.

shark1    0

I agree :D

Glowstick    3

The cooling thing sounds more probable. Heh, a stripped down Windows 2000 system trimmed months on the used hardware probably won't be that unstable.

Murdock    0
Originally posted by Spectre

do you really think the world's biggest software developer would release an unstable CONSOLE? people, have some common sense. comparing a console OS to a PC OS is like comparing a brick to a whole skyscraper.

Microsoft releases unstable OS'es since 1995.(win95)

configure    1
Microsoft releases unstable OS'es since 1995.(win95)
So far.. WinXP is stable as hell :D

radixvir    0

whoa its weird to see that side of bill. usually we only see him in sadistic monopolistic power-hungry mode. i wouldnt be supprised if he paid that kid to lose though.

adam2001    0

Configure: "Win XP is stable as hell", what do you do install it on a partition on ur HD and leave it and use 2K or someat. So far win xp has corrupted the system32 file, crashed HL (but prob seems to have gone now) and yesterday my entire system froze, left it for 30 mins come back and was still frozen. Thanks MS you set me back 1 hours worth of important University work there; and crashed and froze on other numerous occasions. Yes all important progs like firewall and stuff are for XP and all drivers are either XP defaults or XP drivers released from the Manufacturers. XP is not stable as hell at all.

Oh yeah and one more thing Gran Turismo 3's graphics are crap on PS2. All PS2 is, is a redesigned PS one with more processing and polygon pushing power to make ppl buy them. Im sorry but GP3 on PC looks better than that. Also where are the so called good graphics that appear on the adverts for it. You know where there are cars racing and one spins round drives back and looks at the sunset. I dont remember those brilliant graphics while playing on me mates PS2. LOL, im sorry but PS2 is poor

I would tell him its a big pile of s**t but dont have heart. But i have said that a PC would smash the PS2 into the ground on the type of graphics it offers (oh how i wiped the smile off his face LOL)

adam2001    0

Oh and one more thing i hate Gates he stole the one game that could take away Half Lifes dominance as the turning point in FPS's. That game, the one, the only, Halo. It will undoubtedly come to the PC but when? That question can only be answered by MS. Plus it would look better on the PC than Xbox, especially when it finally gets to us lowly PC owners, under the thumb of corporate giants who make deicisions based on maximum profit and what would make their product look better

My rant over. peace out

linsook    149

a pity to here that the tiny minority of people have problems with xp...

Feritas    6
Originally posted by adam2001

Configure: "Win XP is stable as hell", what do you do install it on a partition on ur HD and leave it and use 2K or someat. So far win xp has corrupted the system32 file, crashed HL (but prob seems to have gone now) and yesterday my entire system froze, left it for 30 mins come back and was still frozen. Thanks MS you set me back 1 hours worth of important University work there; and crashed and froze on other numerous occasions. Yes all important progs like firewall and stuff are for XP and all drivers are either XP defaults or XP drivers released from the Manufacturers. XP is not stable as hell at all.

Adam, I think your dealer is lacing your crack with Tide. Might wanna speak to him about that. . .

Xp >IS< stable. You probably upgraded from a previous OS, didn't you? An installation that is probably at least a year or two old. Doesn't matter what OS you use, "upgrading" from an older version is just an all-round bad idea.

Didn't upgrade? How old is your computer? Is it some piece of Gateway $hit your daddy bought you for your 16th birthday? If so, your problem is right there.

Fact is, that if your system has the drivers it needs, and the resources to run it, XP is THE operating system to use. I've had my computer running for seven days before I rebooted to install NAV2002. I've spoken with others who claim to have had their system running for upwards of a month or more (although for all we know the box may have been idle for the entire time, which would increase the believeablity a hell of a lot). Personally I actually used my box before this screenshot. Banking, gaming (MPBT 3025, Max Payne, AvP and CS multiplayer, etc), watching movies, downloading apps, serving **** to friends, and so forth.

You have problems with your system, yes. But are they caused by XP itself? No.

digitallaughter    0

This old guy at software etc threw his back out when he picked up his xbox, go figure :p

neo1980    0

stooopid they were running on demo`s and every console crashes and 10000 are run and one time...please leave MS alone for this now and let the games run...stupid topic

neo1980    0

Ps2 is 45 % slower than Xbox, Gamecube is just 15 % faster than Ps2, ps2 may rule this winter but it will die in 2002, gamecube will die cuz its not good enuff.. xbox rules and for ppl who say xbox is crashing, all they want to do is say that it sucks that its crashing...demo`s crash for crying out loud and my ps1 and ps2 crash as well from time to time so dont let ur anti MS rhetoric make stupid forum topics like this

neo1980    0

update

ebay ! i bout my xbox on ebay for 425 dollars! with 2 games HELL with ps2 and gamecube

L3onheart    0

Just get atleast a PIII 733MHz and a Geforce 3 and you HAVE a XBOX already!

SAMSNEED    0

So let's see.....

Spend about $400 on a X-box, get two games and a controller.....

hmmmm...

Shouldn't I have an option as a consumer to purchase just the console and a controller only? Why should I spend extra money on two games and a controller? I know it's a new system, but atleast give me an opportunity to choose............rent....borrow

TY MICROSOFT

=NickJ=    0
Originally posted by Divide Overflow

Adam, I think your dealer is lacing your crack with Tide. Might wanna speak to him about that. . .

Xp >IS< stable. You probably upgraded from a previous OS, didn't you? An installation that is probably at least a year or two old. Doesn't matter what OS you use, "upgrading" from an older version is just an all-round bad idea....

...You have problems with your system, yes. But are they caused by XP itself? No.

Damn right!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this