Package

- Monitor

- Adjustable stand

- Power Cable

- VGA Cable

- DVI-D Cable

- Documentation and Drivers CD

Installation

Installation was what you would expect from any monitor, very quick. The one thing that bugged me is that the VGA cable was already hooked into the LCD panel.

I hooked the DVI cable up to it, plugged it into my computer, started up and it was already set up, just like that. Drivers are not necessary but I installed them for peace of mind.

First of all when you turn this monitor on you say WOW. It is beautiful, vibrant, bright, and crystal clear. In fact, it may be too bright, if that is even possible. This monitor show every little detail in everything you see, I don?t know if this is a plus or minus since it makes most JPEG pictures look horrible.

General Usage

This monitor is perfect, maybe a bit too good for the average user. It has the ability to turn 180degrees to allow the screen to be taller instead of wider which is great for internet browsing (I use this when on Neowin). It also has a built in USB 2.0 hub, which includes four ports, very useful for digital cameras, USB keys, and even my new PSP.

Gaming

This was a good experience. Absolutely no ghosting at all thanks to the 12ms response time. The colors were clear and vibrant and allowed me to see things in games I could never see before. I tested this in Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike Source, and Battlefield 1942. All showed a much better improvement in clarity and color compared to my CRT display.

Digital Media Usage

Using Photoshop CS was a bit different for me while using this monitor. I am so adjusted to 1024x768 that I got a bit confused when sizing graphics and photos. Although this took some time to get use to it was all worth it in the end. The color is much more precise and I can now see the images the way they really are.

Pros

- Bright

- Clear

- USB Hub

- 12ms Response Time

- DVI and VGA (can two devices hooked up as well)

- Rotation

- Height Adjustment

- Included DVI Cable

Cons

- Almost to bright, hurts eyes in the dark (easily adjusted)

- Did NOT include USB cable for hub (I had one anyways)

- No tilt sensor when turning

Conclusion

Overall this monitor is a great purchase and has a low price tag ($399 CAD). It easily competes with the high end Samsung screens. This monitor is worth a look at and I highly recommend it.

4.5/5

Sorry but no pics, my parents broke my ca:angry:ngry:

Well I will be getting a new one, not that anything is wrong with this one. Just the computer it came with has a defective hard drive so they have to replace the whole system... Im scared I will get dead pixels now :x Why cant I just keep this monitor Dell? WHY!

:blink: I've never seen an LCD with a tilt sensor.

585700363[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure I saw one. All it did basically is plug into the USB port, and when you turn the monitor it sent the shortcut key to change rotation.

• 3 months later...

I just got one of these monitors, mostly because someone on Neowin posted some great coupons and I got it for just under $200 shipped. It's great! I also got a USB cable with my monitor, seems like Liquid is the only one who didn't.

Just got mine on my doorstep today and got it hooked up. Beautiful picture, really crisp and clear. I haven't had time yet to game a bit on it, but it kind of odd adjusting to LCD since I have been using CRT monitors for almost 10 years. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but space that is saved is so well worth it since I now have 2 subwoofers and 4 speakers on my desk ready to p*ss off my neighbors :D

I wasn't sure of a driver CD though. I did get a CD but it just had documentation on how to set up features on the monitor and how to hook up the USB and get everything interfaced correctly. I know that I don't have to use the drivers or anything, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to install them so the system detects and PnP's everything connected to it.

When the coupon prices hit again, I will be adding another one of these to the setup. Does anyone know what panels these monitors use? I have heard that they use Samsung, but I have also read that they use LG as well. Some clarification would be nice, but I guess I could hit up google for more info.

I got mine for $200 after taxes. Free shipping, usb, dvi cable, vga cable.

Awesome monitor but bright as hell. I had to turn it down immediately. Also, the lack of ability to alter the contrast on the monitor itself, while in DVI mode, is a little annoying but the ati drivers will suffice. One thing is for sure, you notice every single detail with it. Every singe flaw to the little things you never noticed before. What a deal.

I never considered it too bright, but I think its because my old Samsung Syncmaster 152n was bright as hell. Guess I was just used to it. One thing I'm curious about is the image clarity between DVI and analog. Is there a real difference when using DVI? I don't have my new PC assembled yet, so stuck with analog at the moment.

Bangbang, there is a contrast setting, it with the brightness control.

Edited by denzilla

I never considered it too bright, but I think its because my old Samsung Syncmaster 152n was bright as hell. Guess I was just used to it. One thing I'm curious about is the image clarity between DVI and analog. Is there a real difference when using DVI? I don't have my new PC assembled yet, so stuck with analog at the moment.

Bangbang, there is a contrast setting, it with the brightness control.

586298603[/snapback]

It is greyed out when in DVI mode. No idea why, but they chose to do it that way.

I believe (I have been known to be wrong sometimes :D ) that any monitor in DVI needs to be adjusted by the computer and not the monitor itself. It is one of the benefits of the DVI connection.

I believe (I have been known to be wrong sometimes  :D ) that any monitor in DVI needs to be adjusted by the computer and not the monitor itself.  It is one of the benefits of the DVI connection.

586298947[/snapback]

That's probably it, but that means I'm stuck with the ATI Driver bug where I have to go and open the ati control panel for the gamma to reset properly after gaming.

Holy crap, my mom has one of these at work. They're really sharp and nice. Could you tell me a coupon code or something? That would be excellent if I could get one of them!

What kinda prices has everyone been getting? Mine was $329 w/free shipping and came with USB, DVI and analog cables.

586297414[/snapback]

I got mine for $186 shipped, no tax since I live in Oregon. Picture on this thing is amazing. Played some Battlefield 2 earlier today and had no ghosting problems. Now I can't blame my old CRT for not "seeing" where the guy was that killed me. My own noobness now shows and I am running out of excuses. Opps, I mean OMFG LAGGEDEDED~!!!!11 :D

I got mine for $186 shipped, no tax since I live in Oregon. Picture on this thing is amazing. Played some Battlefield 2 earlier today and had no ghosting problems. Now I can't blame my old CRT for not "seeing" where the guy was that killed me. My own noobness now shows and I am running out of excuses. Opps, I mean OMFG LAGGEDEDED~!!!!11 :D

586301412[/snapback]

Damn, you guys got some awesome deals. When I was browsing Dell's website they had refurbys for about $230, but the warranty sucked so I didn't take the chance.