[Review] Dell UltraSharp 1704FPT

Damn, you guys got some awesome deals. When I was browsing Dell's website they had refurbys for about $230, but the warranty sucked so I didn't take the chance.

586302056[/snapback]

The prices we got were from the deals that Steven posted here. They had amazing coupons.

The prices we got were from the deals that Steven posted here. They had amazing coupons.

586302302[/snapback]

Hmm...wish I had spotted them before I ordered. I'm still more than happy with the purchase though. Whoever made the screens for these bad boys did a superb job.

i got one of these 2 weeks ago and man was it good. Movies through Dvd looks soo good on the monitor, it unbelievable. I played bf2 on it for a bit with digital vibrance turned on and it looks really awesome . crisp picture. its very nice.

i highly recommend it.

I've messed with the vibrance thing before, and it looks more colorful, but also seems to wash out some colors. Do games look better with it on? Also, my 1704FPT should arrive in a few hours. :)

I can't edit my post, so I have to double post. I just got the monitor a while ago. It's fantastic. Bright, but not harshly bright, vibrant colors and nice options. The only thing is a bit of backlight bleeding at the top, but not really noticeable. I also have it hooked through VGA right now, amd it looks great. I don't see how DVI would make it even better. 9/10.

I can't edit my post, so I have to double post. I just got the monitor a while ago. It's fantastic. Bright, but not harshly bright, vibrant colors and nice options. The only thing is a bit of backlight bleeding at the top, but not really noticeable. I also have it hooked through VGA right now, amd it looks great. I don't see how DVI would make it even better. 9/10.

586352364[/snapback]

I had that backlight bleeding too on the very top and bottom edges when the screen was all black, but it's started to even out over time.

anyone having any problems with LCD while using DVI? whenever i connect this monitor thru DVI i get no display however analog works fine

586374727[/snapback]

Works fine for me. Make sure you only have the DVI connected.

Oh good, I hope the bleeding does disappear. I haven't really noticed it, but just that it's there annoys me. lol

586376241[/snapback]

It took about 2 weeks for mine to fade, but it's almost gone now. Mind you, I use my monitor a lot so it may take longer for you.

Can some one tell me what the Native Resoultion for this LCD is?

586409271[/snapback]

1280x1024

I just ordered THREE of these babies at about 250 a piece, totally worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this monitor early this year. It's running fine until now, no problems at all. The best thing is that it has a speaker, four USB ports and it's considered cheap! :)

You guys who think the image quality on this is amazing, obviously havent used anything really nice! We had these screens on loads of the computers in the photography dept at my old college and they really werent anything special :s

Looks like Dell isn't selling these anymore. I saw only the 25ms model on their site. I would like one of these because other monitors with the vertical / horizontal tilting that I've seen (Samsung and LG) seem very flimsy compared to the 1704FPT. Also, 12ms is fast enough for me. I have a ViewSonic VX724 right now, but I really want a well built monitor with the tilting and it has to be 17" and have a response time of 12ms or lower. The 1704FPT fits this, but as of right now I can't find it on Dell's site.

Cool it's back in stock. Ordered one last night, but didn't get that awesome sub $200 price. : \

I would have ordered two of them. Oh well. Anyone know if Dell refurbs. are any good? Also, where are the refurbs. on Dell's site?

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone still looks at this thread, I just ordered one of these for a tad over $200. This offer is good until 10/27 and brings the price before shipping to $205. Here are the coupon codes to enter

K7MBB$C5ZZ0TLR (35% off)

$DF97G9KXSNJWW ($35 off)

Hope these can still help someone!

-Keith