My topic view looks funny

Merged (I personally think we should remove the Outline button or bury it in the profile page)

I think people should pay more attention to what they click, but hey, that's just me.

It really depends on how much trouble it would be for the developers. As well, I can still see people confused about the linear+ and standard views, but definitely not as much as with outline.

It really depends on how much trouble it would be for the developers. As well, I can still see people confused about the linear+ and standard views, but definitely not as much as with outline.

There is very little difference between Linear+ and Standard. Most people wouldn't even notice. You could hide/bury all three choices and leave everyone on Standard. While I use Linear+, I wouldn't cry to see the option gone. If it was moved to the profile page then I wouldn't cry at all.

I use Linear+ as well, but it often reverts to standard so I have to switch it back. There's always the options drop down menu I guess, and that is really hard to mis-click. If standard and linear+ were removed from view though, I could see members crying.

• 3 weeks later...

i am not sure if it is my browser or settings or what not however. whenever i view a forum page i am only able to see the first post after that they are all listed on the bottem. Befrore a few days ago i was able to see all the posts listed out. what did i do wrong.

i am not sure if it is my browser or settings or what not however. whenever i view a forum page i am only able to see the first post after that they are all listed on the bottem. Befrore a few days ago i was able to see all the posts listed out. what did i do wrong.

Sounds like you switched to outline view, click the link at the top that says 'Standard'

Sounds like you switched to outline view, click the link at the top that says 'Standard'

Happens quite a bit on the froum, happened to me too a while back.. ;)

I might as well unpin "My Topic View Looks funny" thread at the very top of this section... nobody ever looks at it.

Alot of people dont read the stickies. Full Stop.

Happened on another forum i used to work with, its easier in the end to just have no stickies, rather than keep saying "please see the damn sticky" :p

That brings up an interesting question actually. How exactly do we know that the stickies aren't read? I mean, if someone reads it, fixes their problem, they don't exactly have a need to create a topic about how they fixed the issue thanks to the sticky. The sticky in question has 9,000 views :)

Am I the only one that has this? I find it extremely annoying and wish it didn't do this. I've reset my cache and history and I've logged in and out multiple times. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.3 with NO extensions.

• 4 weeks later...

What happened? I hadn't logged in to Neowin for a while, I come back and the thread view has changed.

nwinch7.th.jpg

How do I get it back to showing multiple posts on one page?