Winamp CD Case Beta 8

Winamp CD Case beta 9 officially released (05 Aug 2005).

What's new?

Amazon.com service updated

Mouse hover (to show notifier)

New tooltip (will show current volume / mouse wheel...)

Notifier can be placed at left or right of the case too (Options>Notifier)

When mouse is hovered over WCC it will get focus

Now you can set a custom "Covers' folder" (Options>Read cover")

"Options>Player": "Follow player window state" added

Rate song (context menu)

Read and set Winamp song rating

Own data base for rating, play count and last played date

Skin Manager>Zoom: notifier zoom added

Options: "Notifier text" tab added

Options>Notifier text> customize notifier text with fields (%title%...)

Options>General: data base location added

Options>General>Window level: pin to desktop added

Drop image (jpg) over case/cover area to set the image as the song's cover

Drop a mp3 over case/cover area will add it to Winamp's playlist

Options>Notifier text> %newline% field added

Skin Manager>Text: "Don't wrap text" improved (multi line ready)

Skin Manager>Text: "Hide notifier image"

Skin Manager>Text: Right alignment added

Options: "Skin Manager" button added

Skin Manager: "Options" button added

Some improvements

Small bugs fixed

Readme.txt updated

Download: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Winam...se/1109367710/1

Wow, now this is a nice little app.

Feature Request: Always On Top option. I want to display the info over any window.

Also, check out Winamp Wallpaper at http://www.white-bolt.com . I discontinued my dev work on it because I didn't have a lot of time, but it might give you some more cool ideas. It actually appends the cover art to your desktop wallpaper and changes it.

Everytime I try to download a Pearl Jam CD Cover it always gets the Rearviewmirror album cover and not the correct album cover. Then it seems all Pearl Jam songs are assigned to this incorrect album cover no matter what CD the song came from. What gives?

Thanks for this amazing app!

But I can't enter but I can't enter options and skins (error 429 and 440).

Any suggestions?

Thanks from Brazil!

586329540[/snapback]

Please uninstall then install beta 9 again (from FileForum: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Winam...e/1109367710/1)

I'm also from Brazil! Thanks!

Wow, now this is a nice little app.

Feature Request: Always On Top option. I want to display the info over any window.

Also, check out Winamp Wallpaper at http://www.white-bolt.com . I discontinued my dev work on it because I didn't have a lot of time, but it might give you some more cool ideas. It actually appends the cover art to your desktop wallpaper and changes it.

586329557[/snapback]

Always on top is an old feature! Go to "Options>General>Window level" and select

"Always on top" :p

See Readme.txt for details...

Everytime I try to download a Pearl Jam CD Cover it always gets the Rearviewmirror album cover and not the correct album cover.  Then it seems all Pearl Jam songs are assigned to this incorrect album cover no matter what CD the song came from.  What gives?

586329566[/snapback]

WCC depends on the ID3 tag that your file contains.

If you're playing an audio CD then you have to enter the album manually.

Anyway, go to "Options>Download" and check "Prompt before download" so you'll know what WCC is looking for...

WCC depends on the ID3 tag that your file contains.

If you're playing an audio CD then you have to enter the album manually.

Anyway, go to "Options>Download" and check "Prompt before download" so you'll know what WCC is looking for...

586329578[/snapback]

Thanks.

I experienced the following error when I set the CD Case to be pinned to the desktop.

pinned4fj.png

Also, for some reason WCC won't correctly read the tags of WMAs. It reads the artist, but not the album title.

Thanks. 

I experienced the following error when I set the CD Case to be pinned to the desktop.

pinned4fj.png

Also, for some reason WCC won't correctly read the tags of WMAs.  It reads the artist, but not the album title.

586329598[/snapback]

First of all, set to normal window level.

Then exit both Winamp and WCC.

Turn them on again.

Go to WCC's options and set "Pin to desktop". Press apply.

If the error appears again, go to Skin Manager and try to adjust the cover position manually ("Skin Manager>Size and position>Cover position and size (pixels))".

WCC didn't add the feature to read WMA files yet. Just mp3 and ogg for now.

That's why is not working for you.

I'm having a few (major?) problems with the new build and build before. Basically, on random occasions winamp crashes, if I choose to close winamp, cd case remains in the systray and restarts winamp, thus creating an infinite loop of winamp failing and cd case restarting it again :(

Only way I have found of stopping it is rebooting machine :(

Any suggestions?

i found a bug carlos...When switching from a IDV1 cd to a cd with IDV2 tags, sometimes winamp cd case will not properly read the album, which then it wont find the cover art in the Covers location.

I also added a cover to the folder itself and it wont properly get the case either...hope you can fix it :) If you need any more info, email me

Meshuggah,

Sorry, I really miss your post.

It seems that WCC can't read some ID3v2 made by some software tagger.

I'm not sure why...

But I'd like to make some tests with one of your songs that does not working.

Can you send me just a small part of the song (using Mp3DirectCut)?

In addition, you can add "folder.jpg" or "Any image" as one of your read cover method. Doing so WCC will not depends on ID3 tags and it will get folder.jpg, or any image found, from the song's folder.

Carlos

support@closetosoftware.com

Meshuggah,

Send me the files...

Or try to remake your ID3v2 tags from the song to see if it'll work...

I'm using two different modules to read the ID3v2 tags... None of them are working for you!

My first error message! Whoo-hoo! I just updated to the beta 10 build posted above, and got this error message twice now.

Winamp CD case -ERROR

Description: Invalid procedure call or argument

Module: frmCover

Function: txtSong-Change

It doesn't seem to be using the read cover settings (folder.jpg/ID3v2 tag/Covers' folder) when the track changes like it normally does, but searching Amazon instead. When I got that error message, it would have normally asked if I wanted to accept current cover (I have it set to ask before saving). The cover it prompted me with was the same one I have saved as folder.jpg. I've had to double-click the case a few times on a track change to search manually. I'm going to go back to beta 9 for now. Keep up the good work Carlos!