[Soccer] Do Chelsea Deserve the League Title?

Well first of all Man U didn't come into interest of any Russian Billionare. It's because of they're success.

585856075[/snapback]

they did - they were too expensive.

They completely deserve the title and have played very well this season. They have just dominated with the money avaible to them which is what manchester utd have done for the last decade

585856081[/snapback]

I agree completely...they performed on the pitch.

Its a sad but they deserve it. No matter how much they spent or other teams didn't. They still won on the pitch.

585856199[/snapback]

They won the most matches...conceeded the least goals - make sense dont it ?

chelsea have 1 (John Terry)

585856292[/snapback]

Actually no. he was originally at West Ham youth setup.

doesn't matter how much you spend , have a look in Spanish league? Real Madrid have spent millions and millions of Euros and they still are pretty average. Since chelsea was more stable during the league and played better football AND won the most games , it is only fair to admit they are the best for the current season.

585858342[/snapback]

This guy speaks the truth and speaks sensible...unlike some other people on this thread.

88M ? of that sum was used in paying off old debts.

585862746[/snapback]

Corrrrrect sir.

Enjoy it while it lasts, silver can be bought, class cannot.

585872331[/snapback]

<<snipped>> Personal attacks are not allowed.i>

Thanks...btw im a Newcastle fan so am in no ways biased towards Chelsea just ****ED off about the amount of people who whine about their money.

Edited by BOOGSoftball

I didn't follow this season in the slightest, and franctly, I have no preference who wins in that particular league.

With that said I think they do deserve the title. If they stacked their team, then fine, they stacked their team. That doesn't mean that it would have been a great team anyways, since they'd all have had to learn to work together. This reminds me of when the LA Lakers stacked their team and won the championship, some people hated on them for doing it, but really it was a good team because they worked together. One or 2 players alone can accomplish very little, the team needs to work together to accomplish the common goal.

<<snipped>>  Personal attacks are not allowed.

585872393[/snapback]

I dont trade in personal insults so if you cannot have the courtesy to do the same then please refrain from posting...and surely if you are ****ed off about the amount of people "whining" about their money you should stay away from threads that you percieve to do exactly that.......

Edited by BOOGSoftball

IMHO Chelsea do deserve to win the title, not because they bought it. No, because overall throughout the whole season they certianly have been the most consistant team. Arsenal and Manchester United both had their slip ups, injuries which caused them to not be as consistant as Chelsea have been.

Ok, I am a Arsenal supporter and in my heart i do think that Chelsea have just literally spent a hundred million pounds on players over 2 seasons. But we have do to face the fact that they have been overall the better team through the Premiership and deserve to win it.

I dont think they deserve to win to be honest. They did it by getting bought out, removed debts and spent ridiciously amounts of money. I'm a Man Utd fan and i think there spending its too much. I must say, Arsenal over the past years since Wenger, has to be the only club deserving even though i hate them :p They slowly built a group of players, home and abroad.

doesn't matter how much you spend , have a look in Spanish league  Real Madrid have spent millions and millions of Euros and they still are pretty average. Since chelsea was more stable during the league and played better football AND won the most games , it is only fair to admit they are the best for the current season.

585858342[/snapback]

My point exactly!

I complelety agree with spa2k. Chelski bought the silver, pure and simple. And for all of you saying "they consistently played well!" OF COURSE they did, they spent a quarter of a billion quid on the best talent from all over the world! AND they sold out on all the players that actually helped chelsea improve immensely over the last decade, marcel desailly, graeme le saux, gianfranco zola and the likes. they have no homegrown players, and in 2 years went from perennially finishing well behind arsenal and man united to being major contenders both domestically and in europe. Teams like real madrid and manchester united have spent their millions over a decade and a half and developed talent from home, not dump 200 million pounds in the matter of a year or two. And a team like arsenal (who i hate complimenting as a man united fan) have done an een better, job, in spending a minimal amount of money and developing players that no one else wanted into amazing talent and completely dominating the entire league last season.

At the end of the day, whatever silverware chelski has in their pocket was bought.