Eatery intros 15 pound burger

The burger war is growing. Literally. Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, which lost its crown as the home of the world's biggest burger earlier this year, is now offering a new burger that weighs a whopping 15 pounds.

Dubbed the Beer Barrel Belly Buster, the burger comes with 10.5 pounds of ground beef, 25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, a cup-and-a-half each of mayonnaise, relish, ketchup, mustard and banana peppers - and a bun.

It costs $30.

"It can feed a family of 10," said Denny Liegey Sr., the restaurant's owner.

Denny's Beer Barrel Pub had offered a 6-pound burger - with 5 pounds of toppings.

In February, a 100-pound female college student became the first to eat the burger within the three-hour time limit. Kate Stelnick, of Princeton, N.J., was awarded a special certificate, a T-shirt and other prizes and Leigey picked up the $23.95 tab for the burger.

One month later, the Clinton Station Diner in Clinton, N.J., introduced a 12.5-pound burger dubbed Zeus.

So Liegey responded, and the Belly Buster was born.

Over the weekend, four men took the challenge, but couldn't get through the entire burger. They opted for doggie bags, instead.

"It's a little too much for me to handle," said Steve Hepburn, of Clearfield. "It's like trying to eat half a cow."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050503/D89RMI981.html

And Americans wonder why other countries accuse us of being fat, gluttonous pigs... Hey, I know I am overweight, but I don't make attempts to eat garbage like this. I admit, it is amusing that there is a burger that big, but not amusing that someone will try and eat the whole thing for bragging rights. I find it disgusting.

Something like this.

post-7273-1115146442.jpg

585867502[/snapback]

posted a while ago but still funny.

burger49vd.jpg

585867516[/snapback]

These are the old burgers, the one he/she is talking about is bigger

Holy crap, that's like two full pickles just on top of the burger!!!

And Americans wonder why other countries accuse us of being fat, gluttonous pigs... Hey, I know I am overweight, but I don't make attempts to eat garbage like this. I admit, it is amusing that there is a burger that big, but not amusing that someone will try and eat the whole thing for bragging rights. I find it disgusting.

585867579[/snapback]

They have eating contests in other countries, you know. Hot dogs, burgers, doughnuts. I think a Japanese guy is like the king of hot-dog-eating, right? And Japan isn't exactly known for its fat, gluttonous pigs.

It's not like it's something you go and grab for dinner one night. It's a novelty, if anything.

^I've heard about that Japanese guy before..he's like 5 foot something and really thin iirc.

I don't think I can even lift that much :p

Edited by Rob2687

25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, a cup-and-a-half each of mayonnaise, relish, ketchup, mustard and banana peppers - and a bun.

:x

It's a strange world if they're proud to introduce that thing... :no:

Be proud, americans, be proud

http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Challenges/fa...orea-famine.jpg

585868684[/snapback]

What the hell does that have to do with a darn hamburger made by a hole-in-the-wall joint that probably sells 2 of these a day?

Reported for the extremely disturbing picture. :no:

How about we all troll Quebec for wanting to become sovereign territory?</Sacracm>