1. Samoa

2. United States

3. Mexico

4. Russia

5. England

6. Chile

7. Germany

8. Saudi Arabia

Is this correct? I thought the US would by far be the heaviest, but I can't find any more numerical listings like this. Does anyone know the full "Top 20" or so??

naw, despite how many obsceleny obese people we see in canada (especially alberta, I've never seen more than in alberta) we're definitely not on the top of the list

You can't get accurate with it. A while ago i remember an article about Australia being way up there too, but i don't know. Who cares, anyway? Just an excuse to make fun of people. :/

to hell with them, if they want to shorten their life span and make those remaining years spent in joint pains and heavy medication then i say let them.

I noticed the one fred posted to had BMI which is totally a bogus scale. According to that an athelete can be easily overweight.

Looking around town we seem to be pretty decent but there are too many people who are kinda chunky but diet a lot.

WE must admit that no one gets off their ass and works out anymore. Wouldn't it be cool if everyone had a bowflex body.

I just saw this listing for the top 8 overweight nations:

1. Samoa

2. United States

3. Mexico

4. Russia

5. England

6. Chile

7. Germany

8. Saudi Arabia

Is this correct? I thought the US would by far be the heaviest, but I can't find any more numerical listings like this. Does anyone know the full "Top 20" or so??

585868487[/snapback]

Source?

yay. we damm krauts are only #7.

585870378[/snapback]

I never liked pork until I had German pork. What's that pork steak on a hard roll with mustard called? Schweinebraten? Yummy.

Thanks Fred?(Y))

585868801[/snapback]

If you don't care about comparing data from the exact same years then you could look at this spreadsheet.

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/13/26/31963708.xls

One could make their own chart if one didn't mind comparing 2001 data from one country with 2002 data from another. Yeah, you're stats professor would have a brain hemorrhage but...

lol @ Samoans.. aren't they born like that? ;)

585871923[/snapback]

I laughed when I saw that too, lol. Its so frickin funny. I'd hate to be built like your typical Samoan because man, those guys are huge, and their women are just as big. I have yet to see a Samoan chick with a nice body.

Hmm.....I wonder if there is also a relation to life span. Do they die younger as well? Would be interesting to find out.

Wow wtf is japan doing up there. I don't think I've ever seen a fat japanese person o_O Or chinese for that matter.