You are not allowed to upload files

When I upload images, it allows me to upload JPG's. If I try upload a JPEG, it tells me I'm not allowed to upload files of that extension.

I know that I can rename the file, so don't even think of recommending that!!!

I'm just wondering if there is an intentional reason for this, or is it just an oversight?

but whats the differ between jpg and jpeg

585875084[/snapback]

In terms of format? Nothing. It's just a different extension. Not all operating systems can handle extensions longer than 3 characters, so .jpeg was probably shortened to .jpg to compensate.

but whats the differ between jpg and jpeg

585875084[/snapback]

the 'e'? :huh:

really though, you can just rename any .jpeg to .jpg and it'll make no difference - except being more compatible with various things. such as neowin :whistle:

the 'e'? :huh:

really though, you can just rename any .jpeg to .jpg and it'll make no difference - except being more compatible with various things. such as neowin :whistle:

585875092[/snapback]

I'll explain why I didn't want to know about that workaround.

I need to uplaod an image, say, and I browse and select that image. Then I try upload it to receive an error. Then I need to open up an explorer window and find the exact file and modify it's extension. Then return to my web browser, then have to re-browse and re-select that image, and re-upload it.

It's inconvenient.

I'll explain why I didn't want to know about that workaround.

I need to uplaod an image, say, and I browse and select that image. Then I try upload it to receive an error. Then I need to open up an explorer window and find the exact file and modify it's extension. Then return to my web browser, then have to re-browse and re-select that image, and re-upload it.

It's inconvenient.

585875124[/snapback]

If you have extensions enabled in Windows, you can rename from the browsing window that pops up to select the image for the post (no need to open Explorer). But the extensions should still be added to the list of allowed file, so that you don't have to do this.