[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

Metal Gear Solid 4 has been announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive!

--------------------------------------------------

A representative from Capcom has just announced Devil May Cry 4 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive!

Square Enix has just shown off a Final Fantasy VII tech demo for the PlayStation 3, but they did not announce a specific game for it. Yet.

A representative from Square Enix has taken the stage.

-DannyGlass

I dont understand why there is three ethernet ports

585930145[/snapback]

That's what I was wondering :blink:

Also, anybody able to see what those 2 ports on the left near the middle are labelled?

We can get excited about specs and bandwidth etc when they come out. How well they run depends on how well programmed the games are. Just look at the quality of games we have for the Xbox and PS2 now compared to when they came out!!

Dougal.

Both Metal Gear Solid 4 and GranTurismo 5 have been announced. I don't see any info on projected dates. Let's hope gt5 doesn't get the same treatment GT4 got and gets delayed over a year.

Gran Turismo 5 has just been announced.

Metal Gear Solid 4 has been announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive!

A representative from Capcom has just announced Devil May Cry 4 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive!

Square Enix has just shown off a Final Fantasy VII tech demo for the PlayStation 3, but they did not announce a specific game for it. Yet.

-----------------------------------------

GTA Next for PS3 launch.

Sony Fact 2:

IBM and Sony announced they have tested Cell and it runs at 4 ghz at 256 Gigaflop performance. So the PS doesnt have 2.18 teraflop of performance, it has 218 gigaflop 2 x 7 = 1.4 compared to xbox 1 is well. nearly the same

Horrible looking controller..>However I suspect it must be comfortable or else they wouldnt have ever chosen such a design

GDDR3 @ 700mhz means that it's actually (700mhz * 3) = 2100mhz right?

585930134[/snapback]

No. GDDR3 @ 700mhz means 700mhz. Because it's DDR, that means an effective 1400mhz.

Both Metal Gear Solid 4 and GranTurismo 5 have been announced. I don't see any info on projected dates. Let's hope gt5 doesn't get the same treatment GT4 got and gets delayed over a year.

585930184[/snapback]

Wow, and people complained nintendo milked it's franchises too much.

BTW, the controllers looks like a sex toy.

It is not the finall design!

585930208[/snapback]

where have you read this? I don't see much point in showing off a design if it's not final.

The first thing I thought when I saw the new controller was "To the BATmobile Robin...."