[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

The whole new design is crap! Especially the control...yuck!

BTW, the controllers looks like a sex toy.

The reaction of my friend on Msn:

Shaze says:

I bet so many people would use that like a dildo

Seems a bit weird.

You can't use double precision measurements on one system (Xbox) and single precision on another (PS3).

585930255[/snapback]

The thing is, many people looking at specs will see that huge difference and not think into it like you guys have. A shame really.

Either way, both systems are going to have their hardware strengths and PS3 definitely has the library strength behind it with titles like GT5, Devil May Cry 4, and Metal Gear Solid 4, but you never know what can happen. It really feels like this next generation may rely more heavily on the software than the current gen does. I'm happy about that.

Aww that's not nice! The PS3 Is sort of cute, it has a more industrial Next-Gen design as opposed to the X360, which has a cute femine design. Seems like PS3 design was made to fit the needs of men (Grill Style) and the X360 to women (winged pad). :) Bet the NR won't live up to standards, the design of Nintendo consoles has never really been innovative, then again, they have been the smallest. It cannot believe they want to make the next console smaller than the gamecube, it better have amazing Specs. But then again, Nintendo isn't focusing on "Specs" isn't that what they said? It's about innovation, right?

The PlayStation 3 controller has just been revealed. This picture is a poor angle. The controller is smaller than it looks, and is quite contoured- It looks very comfortable. The initial picture doesn't look very appealing, but look closer

I am skeptical of his optimism.

The thing is, many people looking at specs will see that huge difference and not think into it like you guys have. A shame really.

Either way, both systems are going to have their hardware strengths and PS3 definitely has the library strength behind it with titles like GT5, Devil May Cry 4, and Metal Gear Solid 4, but you never know what can happen. It really feels like this next generation may rely more heavily on the software than the current gen does. I'm happy about that.

585930270[/snapback]

Yeah thats a strong lineup and with the inevitable GTA sequel too microsoft need to get some decent excluses as well, can see the wallets coming out over the summer.

As long as sony doesnt much up the launch in the EU they should do well but if the psp launch is anything to be going on this is going to be a real letdown.

Competition is Hot this gen.

I am skeptical of his optimism.

585930282[/snapback]

I agree...:(...everything was rocking hard till this....man..that controller I really don't dig...

Sorry I wasnt implying threedaysdwn to be a fanboy. I agree with his point. I was implying pxleyes to be a fanboy.?:whistle::

585930246[/snapback]

I'm glad you weren't talking about me:)) I'm not a fanboy. I'm a fan of the Xbox. It's the system I play the most by far.

But regarding the next-gen systems, I have no bias either way... Well, except that Iam> a longtime Bungie fanboy. But that's beside the point:))

I'm fascinated by the direction both of these systems are going. Yeah, I'm pretty much 100% sure I'm going to buy an Xbox 360 the day it launches. But I'm not going to make any claims about it being better or worse than the PS3. If the PS3 comes out and offers a gaming experience that I enjoy, I will certainly buy one. If I like it better than the Xbox then so be it.

I think it's stupid to eat up Sony's marketing hype, however. And their unfair "FLOPS" comparison is reminiscent of Apple's "because we said so" marketing.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 are very different beasts. They each have their technological strengths. At this point it's impossible to say which will end up looking or playing better. I hope that no reasonable person can honestly believe that the PS3 is "twice as fast" as the Xbox 360 because the Sony guy said so.

Sony would NEVER EVER make a ****ty controller.

Not because i like Sony, but because they know better.

If they had 10 consoles, they wouldn't mind. They have 1. The controller will be good, or this won't be the final controller.

Plus, if you'd like to get any other shaped controller, rest assured those will pop up days after the PS3 release, if not simultaneously

did you guys noticed that sony droped the old PS font in favor of the one used for the spider-man movies? take a close look at it and you'll see what I mean... :p

ps3_screen003.jpg

00087353.jpg

these photoshop jobs are retarded, cut it out. They contribute nothing.

585930318[/snapback]

I suppose speculating on speculation is better contribution? :rolleyes:

Lighten up

@DannyGlass...really?...but would the PS3 recognize it?...didn't they say the the controller for the PS3 have different buttons?...:/

How about if you could use the older controllers to just like the PS2? Maybe that would work since there maybe or is no new functions on the new controller. ..

EDIT:

By the way. . .I like the new look of the PS3. . . very futuristic and non complicated.. . can't wait until it comes out. ..

About the controller. .. Very ugly.. . hope it changes .. . They probably will change it since it's coming out in 2006.. . Please. ..

Also what's with the PS3 Photoshops going around. .. Their funny but they don't really please me because it always happens. .. But you guy's/gal's did those pretty fast.. . :D