How to become a Mod?

Originally posted by modem

Being a mod definately isn't what it's cracked upto be at least in the eyes of others. Too many people want the title and fizzle out quickly, but the real job is for those who enjoy getting up every morning surfing two dozen news pages for even the smallest .00002 version upgrade in drivers. It's for those who don't personally get involved in the boards, but watch over with a weary eye for certain things. Honestly if I was asked to be a mod, I'd really have to think about that because living upto the standards to be that is something I'm not sure I could do and I know alot others couldn't.

It's a job you have to love for the fun of it.

Thats a good description of being a mod, most peeps dont realise its not always easy or fun.

[speach mode]

Some times we get abuse, sometimes were idolized but we always get the job done

[/speach mode]

In the month or so I've been a mod, I've had more people slag me off then the entire time I've been here.

You take a different view of the boards as well, you're not just a member any more...

Originally posted by Voodoo

Some times we get abuse, sometimes were idolized but we always get the job done

Well said. We do our best to keep all you guys happy. Personally, I'm happiest when when ppl understand when I move / edit / delete posts and appreciate the job we do. The only thanks we really want is to see you guys keep coming back, and for you to recommend us to one and all. ;D

Obey the rules and nobody gets hurt ;)

A lot of you guys will not know me... I'm primarily a newsposter and also a mod for the nano-second when Keldyn isn't about LOL. I tell ya - I spent loads less time on duty than many members of staff yet I spend a good 2-3 hours per day on average either posting, searching for news, communicating with fellow staff, responding to PM's or modding.

As has been said sometimes it is not that much fun... i'm either knackered in work the next day or the gf is hacked off with me. But I tell ya what, I love it. I'm glad to be able to help out, and love being part of the best site around.

Gotta go... Staff email to read.

The best way to become a mod is a)never start threads asking. b)never participate in threads asking

but seeing as you guys didnt know this its only valid from this post.

When we need mods we have a shortlist of pre-determined members that we think will do well to help us. We try not to use more staff than we need.