Anybody here have or know anyone that has diabetes

46 members have voted

1. 1. Anybody here have or know anyone that has diabetes

• Yes
    • No

I have Type I diabetes, which means I have a strict diet I must follow. I was just wondering who on this board either has diabetes (type 1 or 2) or know someone that does.

I think it is a misrable holdback for me and I wished there was a cure for it, as well as other deadly diseases, such as AIDS and cancer.

My aunt has it. I don't know which form exactly. But she is killing herself everyday with her own mind. She has already determined it is going to kill her so she eats everything she wants. I encourage you to stay on track ;)

Originally posted by wwfmichael

My aunt has it. I don't know which form exactly. But she is killing herself everyday with her own mind. She has already determined it is going to kill her so she eats everything she wants. I encourage you to stay on track ;)

That's sad :( . I don't do that because I still have my whole life ahead of me and because I am determined that someone will find a cure for this disease.

i'm sorry to hear that you have diabetes, but i am very glad to hear that you care about yourself and are interested in taking care of your body.

both my brother and sister (now 18 and 14) have type I, which they both got around the age of 10. my father also has type II.

they are some of the most active people i know. sports, band, camping, you name it, they've done it. don't let this stupid disease hold you back from ANYTHING! also, they pretty much each what they want, but have become smart about it.

there are new options for diabetics in testing right now. the pump is promising, and new types of long-acting insulin are in development.

i made a website a while back for children who have been diagnosed, to help them understand it better (it leaves out most of the technical lingo). you can find it at:

http://www.kidslearnaboutdiabetes.org

i wish you luck, and hope they find a cure. don't let it get you down!

My parents have suggested that I go into research and find a cure for the disease myself when I grow up. The thing is that the researchers are coming closer to a cure every day and I believe that soon there will be a cure.

I also have a some friends that have diabetes.

A Sgt at the recruiting station I signed through has diabetes, he seems to have a normal life... still I hope a cure is found some day, especially 'cause I hate needles and it would kill me to have insulin shots :s

Originally posted by duogi

A Sgt at the recruiting station I signed through has diabetes, he seems to have a normal life... still I hope a cure is found some day, especially 'cause I hate needles and it would kill me to have insulin shots :s

I have to take three shots per day.

I personally don't... but my Uncle has it, My Grandfather did, and a few of my friends from school have it... All 3 i don't know which type..

My Uncle, he doesn't really seem to care... he eats everything, we're very Italian and he eats basically only Pasta, which is all Carbs and turn sinto sugar, but he doens't want to believe my mom (his sister) and my uncles (his brothers).. but he seems to do what he wants... it isn't good for him..

My Grandfather... he died of cancer (i miss him dearly, was in 4th grade when he left... r.i.p :().

My friends from school, don't know what they have... But one doesn't really take care of it, i've seen him have a few attacks... and they are VERY VERY scary...

My other friend has this little thing that atuomatically pumps insulin into her pancreas, so she's fine...

but whatever you do, take care of it. it is not a good idea to think it isn't a big deal.. and learn what you should eat and not to...

My grandfather has diabetes, he is in bad shape because he hasn't taken care of himself, he eats whatever he wants, and he has gone blind from it too. I encourage anyone who has it to listen to their doctor and to eat as they are supposed to, unfortunately my grandfather didn't.

One of my class mates have diabetes, not sure which type. He lives quite a normal life, he just can't eat or drink stuff that has too much sugar in them. He has an insulin pump in his pocket that is connected to his stomach, which injects insulin whenever he needs it, and it doesn't seem to bother him much. He can even sport with it on.

Those attacks that diabetic have are scary, you become unconsious (sp?) when you have them, and you have a seizure too. I just wish all of you with diabetes the best of luck with it, and always do what your doctor says.

First, I am so sorry to hear that. Second, my uncle also has it as stage I. Right now he has been on drugs which help him to fight it. Besides, that I also advice you on what to eat. My uncle now only stays out all the food that could harm him. Don't let it get you down. As for my uncle, he is still living as normal ... still a healthy man.

KEEP FIGHTING.. and FIGHTING... and live your life to the fullish :)

well I am the Lucky 1 here,

None of my Friend's, Family, neither ME have diabetes or any disease, according to my knowledge.

codyg11!!! Really Sad to read about you. (Best of Luck!)

one of my relatives who has diabetes was driving his car...and then he lost consciousness...BOOOOM! he hit another car and broke his bones...now he is losing his sight slowly.

my uncle died last year with diabetes and cancer in his throat.

I hate this disease more than AIDS or Cancer.

My cousin that I hang out with fairly regularly has has been diagnosed with Diabetes since his first birthday(he's now 20). I'm not sure what the type is but he takes insulin shots usually twice a day. He actually was clinically dead for about an hour six or so months ago, due to not taking care of his condition well enough. He claimed to have an out of body experience and whatnot but that's a whole other topic.

Originally posted by Zombivac

My cousin that I hang out with fairly regularly has has been diagnosed with Diabetes since his first birthday(he's now 20). I'm not sure what the type is but he takes insulin shots usually twice a day. He actually was clinically dead for about an hour six or so months ago, due to not taking care of his condition well enough. He claimed to have an out of body experience and whatnot but that's a whole other topic.

He probably has Type I (Juvenile Diabetes) since he got it at an early age and he has to take insulin shots. People w/ Type II usually get the disease when they are adults.

my grandfather has it not sure which type it is but he is on a strict diet he does look after him self, he doesn't eat what his not allowed to. But to make things worse he has a heart condition and needs to go in for his second operation soon :(