Yahoo Tracks Where You Go

talk about paranoia, Instead of boycotting Yahoo you should unplug your computer from the modem RIGHT NOW because you aren't doing yourself any favours by just leaving just one site. Welcome to the Internet.

talk about paranoia, Instead of boycotting Yahoo you should unplug your computer from the modem RIGHT NOW because you aren't doing yourself any favours by just leaving just one site. Welcome to the Internet.

586061962[/snapback]

That's the best advice I have heard on this thread yet....

Seriously, I don't know why people think that they are in their "own little world" when surfing the internet.

586061962[/snapback]

Well said :yes:

586061962[/snapback]

Exactly :yes:

And what makes you think that Microsoft doesn't do it with Hotmail or MSN Search or the MSN Toolbar? Or any other company providing similar services?

586061446[/snapback]

I don't use MSN/hotmail.

Most free email companies work fund themselves by displaying ads, which mostly use cookies and referrals to track clicks. Yahoo doesn't go through your mail or give it out unless forced to, says so in the privacy policy. Google going through your mail is a bigger deal than what Hotmail/Yahoo does, so that's why google is not a choice for someone who wishes to keep their email private.

You don't care about your privacy? I do, and you should. After all, if knowledge is power and a company knows a lot about you, what does that meah eh? But hey if you don't care that's fine, just don't ruin it for guys like me.

586061962[/snapback]

Nicely said...