Do You Like Internet Explorer (IE)

Do You Like Internet Explorer (IE)  

761 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Internet Explorer (IE)

• Yes
    • No

Um... big question...

Let me think of...

...NO

It's to... huh... OLD?

Anyway, I hate it, PERIOD

YEs.... and ive never had a virus, trojan, worm or anything caused by it. Safe to me and I refuse to switch EXPECT when i use linux because ie isnt compatabile but i will use ie anyday

I had to think about this one, and eventually chose yes, because in the right hands it is a great browser.

It does have a nice rendering engine, and it has a few cool things, like it auto corrects some CSS errors, etc.

I personally use Firefox because I like it better then IE, but just because I use FF 24/7 doesn't mean that I hate IE.

It is very easy for the un-educated to pick up spyware programs with IE, especially versions lower then 6.0 XP SP2. That stops me from recommending IE, and is the reason why I try to get people to use Firefox.

IE is simplistic, that's why I like it. I don't need more then a simple toolbar with the address and forward,back,etc, and a viewport.. I never liked download managers or such, so the way IE is set up I like. I just wish they'd get DOM1 and CSS2 compliant, that's my only problem with it.

I voted no, but in reality I don't care that much. With SP2 it's secure enough for average use... I use firefox though because of the features and speed.

I'm not one of those that gets emotionally mad when he hears the word microsoft, windows, internet explorer, intel, etc.

IE's good for new computer users who just want the computer to work and do the job. They wouldn't bother with downloading and installing software they think they already have they does a similar job.

But when people come to me and ask what's the best browser, I would say Firefox because of the features a nd a bit secure (I hardly see security bugs for it yet). If you watch Call for Help on G4, they recommended Firefox too for a number of reasons mentioned on air.

i like safari better but when im on my pc i always use IE (and i never got spywares because of it, you dont get spywares because of IE, you get them because you're careless)

I avoid using IE as much as I can, but there are those few sites that won't work with anything else. During the time I did use IE before switching to Firefox, I never really had any problems with it, so I can't really say I hate it or anything.

I find it hard to surf without tabs in IE, otherwise it's fine.

585987643[/snapback]

exactly :yes: ...

I like it :) .... but I like FF more :) ... and use FF :)

usually after reinstallation I have to use it to download FF (or Opera, this point varies), and this always reminds me why I am not using it.. possibly with maxthon on it it is useable, but if I am to download anything to browse the way I like, I choose to get away from IE. Mainly because M$ had their own vision of how html should work and I hate that attitude. If a page doesn't display correctly on more standard-compilant browsers, I refuse to force it to work - I search for another one with the information I'm looking for.