GNU/Linux June Desktops

That looks like KDE to me...

586077855[/snapback]

I was gonna say, unless ofcourse it is cleverly disguised :p

( Who would want to disguise Gnome!? )

Thank's for replacing the image :)

Correct, it's kde :D

Even though I prefer gnome Im giving a short try to KDE, going back to gnome in ... a few hours lol

kubuntu.jpg

Kubuntu

KDE 3.4

System Font: I changed the default system font to Nimbus Sans L, 10pt. To change your font to this, go to KMenu | Control Center | Appearance and Themes | Fonts.

Style: Libstik. You can download Libstik from here. To change your style to this, go to KMenu | Control Center | Appearance and Themes | Style, then select Libstik from the drop down menu.

Icons: Nuvola. You can download the Nuvola icon set from here, or search for it at KDE-look.org. After you download, right click on the file | Extract | Extract Here. Now go to KMenu | Control Center | Appearance and Themes | Icons | Install New Theme. Click the browse button to the right of the text box, find the folder 'Nuvola', and click on index.theme.

Some other stuff: superkaramba, opaque menus, etc.

I love Kubuntu! I also wrote an article with instructions on how to create that desktop, and install some of my favorite programs

Hello everyone :D . I am new to Linux. Here is my screenshot:

http://img20.echo.cx/img20/4725/screenshot8pe.png

586078868[/snapback]

Hey Mike nice to see you joined the bandwagon and neowin :happy:

Nice desktop there ^.^

Nice to see Ubuntu bringing people to Linux :D (it's how I'm here)

586079178[/snapback]

How'd you know it ubuntu? I know cause he is my freind and I helped him install it :yes:

Edited by msg43

screensmall.png

586079773[/snapback]

Hi,

could you please tell me your font settings, like what type of antialiasing, the font, the font size an so on, or send me an screen of your gnome-font-setting dialog please!

THX

Ciao

How'd you know it ubuntu?

586079725[/snapback]

The third menu is labeled 'system', I think GNOME 2.10 uses 'desktop'. Also the placement of some of the applets (especially the trash one), gave it away.

Hey Mike nice to see you joined the bandwagon and neowin :happy:

How'd you know it ubuntu? I know cause he is my freind and I helped him install it  :yes:

586079725[/snapback]

:ninja: you're right, I don't know that its Ubuntu - I know its Gnome... beginners luck :D

screenshot3hq.th.png

I've only been on Linux for about 2 weeks now, Last night (midnight) Mark Jensen was a legend and helped me set my resolution to 1280x1024 so I'm really happy about that, I've installed the Gmilk 2.0 theme and changed the background and login. That's all I know how to do at the moment and I'm starting to get it how I like it.

How do I make my windows and drop down menu's transparent though? And how do I change my splash screen? I've got a .png I want to change it to but I'm not sure how to go about changing it.

Nothing special .. Metacity:Office/GTK2:Clearlooks-Indubstrial/Icons:Gant

1806054el.th.png

586084349[/snapback]

Can I get a copy of that background?

I've only been on Linux for about 2 weeks now, Last night (midnight) Mark Jensen was a legend and helped me set my resolution to 1280x1024 so I'm really happy about that, I've installed the Gmilk 2.0 theme and changed the background and login. That's all I know how to do at the moment and I'm starting to get it how I like it.

Yeah, mark's very helpful to newbies.

Edit: I can't be bothered to go through this thing and see if I already posted but even if I have, I changed it a bit anyways. I added transparency :D

June

Edited by Kreuger