The National Scripps Spelling Bee

So what do you think. Is it appropriate for this competition to be aired on a sports network?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think. Is it appropriate for this competition to be aired on a sports network?

• Yes
    • No

PTI is absolutely amazing. I really do enjoy the coverage it gets on TSN here in Canada (but I am royally ****ed that ESPN/Disney bought TSN. Spelling bees, cheerleaders, poker, oh my).

omg, what was his name?  rex?  i hated him, he was so annoying.

586025514[/snapback]

Max Kellerman. He actually left Around the Horn for a show with his own name in the title on Fox Sports Net (I, Max). Got canned pretty early lol. And yeah Reali is ten times better. Not just becuase he's a Fordham alum but he just has a much better back and forth banter with the journalists.

I don't mind the Bee. So long as another kid faints next year again, I am good. :p I love PTI and am glad that it gets regular play here in Canada. Wilbon and Kornheiser are truely amazing. Back when I had a US satellite I use to love Around the Horn and I was thrilled when they replaced Mr. Friday Night Fights with Stat Boy. Then I couldn't afford the dish anymore and haven't seen it since. I wish TSN would replace Jim Rome is Burning with Around the Horn. I think Rome is a good guy and all but his show blows. Another one of my favourites is ESPN Magazine's The Sports Reporters. on Sundays.

I agree with BroChaos though that the classic fights and stuff suck. I'd rather watch a debate show about sports than a crappy 40 year old fight in Black & White. Leave that crap on Classic.

Max Kellerman..that's right....he was horrid. He's a boxing nut who pretended to know a lot about other sports. WHen Around the horn was led by him, it was embarrassing for him when he opened his mouth. He was out of his league.