WWDC 2005 - keynote links

God I hope they don't announce switching to intel chips

586023546[/snapback]

ME TOO!!! I only just bought my PowerBook. Don't **** off a fresh convert Apple!

ME TOO!!!  I only just bought my PowerBook.  Don't **** off a fresh convert Apple!

586023550[/snapback]

No one is going to **** you over. The switch will probably happen in 2007 and they seem to have some backwards compatibility plan so the new software works on older hardware (or is it the other way around??).

Anyways, tough luck :p

:argh:  :argh:  :argh:

apple isnt going x86

see the discussion threads on why this would be an impossible move for apple

586023615[/snapback]

but articles keeps poping up and I am so woried :cry:

but articles keeps poping up and I am so woried?:cry::

586023629[/snapback]

I feel exactly the same as you Corona. I hope it's just some publicity stunt by Apple.

I really hope it doesn't happen but I suppose you could see why Steve would at least consider it.

As I say I hope it's just a stunt or bluff by Apple who then go on to announce that the PowerMac has reached Dual 3GHz and tops out at Dual 3.3GHz:))

but articles keeps poping up and I am so woried  :cry:

586023629[/snapback]

They keep popping up because different news sources keep repeating the same bad information that the WSJ originally published a few weeks ago, sometimes adding their own spin to it.

Is there going to be a download (not stream) of the keynote when it's over? I heard that's what happened with WWDC04 but Apple took it down after a few hours or something...?

As I say I hope it's just a stunt or bluff by Apple who then go on to announce that the PowerMac has reached Dual 3GHz and tops out at Dual 3.3GHz :)

586023648[/snapback]

Or even better, G5 powerbooks :woot: :woot: :woot:

Add one more to the list of articles, read this and I'm sure you'll get really p!ss off... :

Apple Expected to Announce Move to Intel Today

586023864[/snapback]

Interesting read... but he does make a lot of good points. The Apple community is in denial. Why can't this "rumor" be true? Honestly, after reading all these different articles from all these different news organizations, why can't this rumor be true?

Add one more to the list of articles, read this and I'm sure you'll get really p!ss off... :

Apple Expected to Announce Move to Intel Today

586023864[/snapback]

Oh joy, it's Paul Thurrott repeating the same thing that everyone else has said (and he himself said several months ago). Again, just repeating something that someone else said doesn't make it any more true. I guess Hitler was right about something, the more you repeat a lie, the more people will believe it (to paraphrase what he said).

From his article:

On April 26, 2005, I mentioned in a blog posting on WinInfo Daily Update that "Apple is unhappy with the PowerPC production at IBM and will be switching to Intel-compatible chips this very year." That blurb touched off a new round of Thurrott bashing by Apple fanatics, but was later followed up by independent reports in The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, News.com, and now The New York Times, all of which corroborated what I had written and added details.

Interesting read... but he does make a lot of good points. The Apple community is in denial. Why can't this "rumor" be true? Honestly, after reading all these different articles from all these different news organizations, why can't this rumor be true?

586024058[/snapback]

If you read all of these articles (other than Paul Thurrott's), they keep going back to the same source, an anonymous source from the WSJ (who knows, maybe one of those sources was Paul T. himself?). Everyone keeps quoting the same thing over and over. This isn't a case of many different news organizations independently confirming anything. I'm not saying that it CAN'T be true, but for it to be true would require quite a bit of work on the part of Apple and ALL of their suppliers and developers. Read some of the other posts around here on JUST HOW DIFFICULT this would be.

If you read all of these articles (other than Paul Thurrott's), they keep going back to the same source, an anonymous source from the WSJ (who knows, maybe one of those sources was Paul T. himself?).  Everyone keeps quoting the same thing over and over.  This isn't a case of many different news organizations independently confirming anything.  I'm not saying that it CAN'T be true, but for it to be true would require quite a bit of work on the part of Apple and ALL of their suppliers and developers.  Read some of the other posts around here on JUST HOW DIFFICULT this would be.

586024071[/snapback]

I'm not saying it wouldn't be difficult! I am sure that it will be. There's no doubt in my mind that this would be a HUGE task for everyone involved with Apple.