Virus : Deletes Program Files...

Originally posted by JHAres

Lol...!!! Same here, spammed every minute from posting in forums... :D

That's why I turn off the setting, so my email won't be visible hehe :D

seriously, though, this virus or trojan horse sounds really bad, I really hope you guys figure out what exe (or bat, vb, etc) is doing that, or narrowing it down to 5 exes (or bat, vb, etc) you think could caused it!

Originally posted by JediXAngel

seriously, though, this virus or trojan horse sounds really bad, I really hope you guys figure out what exe (or bat, vb, etc) is doing that, or narrowing it down to 5 exes (or bat, vb, etc) you think could caused it!

Same here.... stay tuned...!!! :D

I dont know. But you could drop them an email discribing the problem. Maybe it is a virus, maybe not. The more info they have I think the better. Just my two cents.

That JPG story was false from a few days ago. Slash and other brought it down. Just a ploy from Mcaffee to scare people. SWF was just a proof of concept but could be bad. Of couse so far they can only execute commands from the launched directory. Have not heard anything about the gif.

Originally posted by Geronimo

That JPG story was false from a few days ago. Slash and other brought it down. Just a ploy from Mcaffee to scare people. SWF was just a proof of concept but could be bad. Of couse so far they can only execute commands from the launched directory. Have not heard anything about the gif.

Didn't that Virus called Perrun?

Here is a list of some of the file extensions, possible for carry a virus or Malicious Functions, that I know, am I missing any? Wrong about any?

EXE

COM

PIF

Bat

Word, Excel, Powerpoint? Macros

VBS

ActiveX

SWF

DLL(?)

Java

Actually things like Bat, Javascript, XML, scripts doesn't have virus on it's own.

Upon loading, it executes an exe virus file off the computer!