San Andreas Quality

Look how ugly:

Geez, Some things almost look like they where stolen from Ocarina Of Time.

586040091[/snapback]

Wow, I wonder what settings that shot was on. If you don't run it on a crappy PC it looks more like this

924362_20050603_screen001.jpg

I need to take some screens when I get home, its really not bad looking. It's no Half-Life 2 but its nice.

well if it helps, there are new ATI drivers 5.6 out today to try and see if any thing gets better

at 1280x1024 I can run it, but it lags...

Yeah it really isnt within recommended specs, but I really dont care

586036051[/snapback]

well you should. it makes the difference.

plan to get it for my new computer :yes:

Using ATI 5.6 now. No difference whatsoever. It looks as though it messed up the characters again. 5.5 Was good with characters and everything else at LOW quality and 1024x768x32 (smooth as butter). It randomly quit playing car engine noises/conversation sounds in 5.5, no changes in 5.6. Also, leaving "automatic" settings at "Optimal Performance" in the control panel completely screws up the game--ghosting :D.

Now trying at Custom settings, at everything high and AF/AA at Application Preference, VSYNC On.

Gameplay so far is excellent by the way, lots of new features that are revealed as you play. There is almost no "bore" factor, especially if you like to keep your character healthy as well as busy. Basically, anything you do affects you (even walking/running, or driving :)) It just takes a little getting-used-to, with the camera angle movements and stuff as well as the feel for the vehicle handling...

For the record, i just installed and played on my 9800 pro.

At 1024 with everything on full, including 2x aa and the frame limiter on, it runs around the same as VC ran with the same settings.

Although not greatly different, the gfx are DEFINATELY better than VC.

ok, here is the new ps3 i believe :D

gallery43xb.jpg

and here is what ingame looks like. i think its looks great, runs great, and is fun. ppl need to stop complaining about everything. ITS GTA MANG!

gallery19gw.jpg

I don't think it looks as good as GTAVC OR GTA3 and performance is terrible compared to the both of them (1280x1024, Very High detail, full draw distance, no AA).

Very disappointed that my system can't run this game well (AXP 2700+, 1 GB PC2700, 9800 Pro (5.6)).

Ah cmon folks stop bitching about the graphic. GTA always was and will be about gameplay which is imho incredible. :D I've ordered it and should get it next week. ;)

Ah cmon folks stop bitching about the graphic. GTA always was and will be about gameplay which is imho incredible. :D I've ordered it and should get it next week. ;)

586043728[/snapback]

Mine gripe isn't about the graphics, it's about the performance.

Hmm try it with the Omega drivers.. tweak around a bit. I've always had probs with my 9600XT and any GTA. :(

Got a GF6 6800LE now tho! :D

586043735[/snapback]

I don't trust the Omega drivers, would rather stick to the official ones as I've had no problems. This game runs at a lower framerate than Doom 3 on my system and Doom 3 (before GTASA) was the slowest game I had.

I don't trust the Omega drivers, would rather stick to the official ones as I've had no problems. This game runs at a lower framerate than Doom 3 on my system and Doom 3 (before GTASA) was the slowest game I had.

586043743[/snapback]

You dont *trust* Omega? :rofl:

They're fine.. I used them for months. It makes some games run allot better. At least on my system. ;)

Game looks ok and runs alright on max'd settings, but I get the light in the scene keep changing colours for no apparent reason. I used to own this on my PS2, I was half way through the game when the damn console died on me (that was the 2nd PS2 to die on me in 3 years, not gonna bother getting another).

If anyone cares I'm running an Athlon64 3500+, 9800XT 256mb, Raid0 Sata WD160Gig Caviars, and a gig of generic 3200 ram.

The game runs satisfactorily on max settings at 1280x1024 but I think I'll drop the res down to 1024x768 as the extra fps'd be worth more.

AsciiSmoke

iam playing the xbox version and it looks great. greater lighting Fx and cars look perty bdetiald the piant jobs and stuff and the reflections on them the graphics look fine to me and Remeber Vice City was 80s based with colerd lighting this is 1909s based in the getto gritty getto...

And by the Way the Xbox and or PC is NOT Port if it was then it would have been out a month after the PS2 version.

And  by the  Way the Xbox and or PC is  NOT  Port  if it was then it would have been out a month after the  PS2 version.

586043849[/snapback]

actually it is a port and that has nothing to do with the release date. they wait so that it will break sales records for ps2

This game looks like a pile of ****. I'm glad I warez'd it. I wouldn't buy this piece of **** for anything in the world.

586043252[/snapback]

Hmm smart Fellow .........

It isant Port rockstar isant knonw for being that damn stupid ok we are not talking about some 2 bit jackass company who could give to sh**s about use fans.

now what they did do is enhance the quality the draw distance texure size and resolution and went and used Pixle shader technolagy to render the lighting and car reflections and all the reflections that ther in the game. you are just one who wants Halife 2 graphics or better! i for one love the game and am n ot worried that them graphics are not HL2 quality but Quality of its OWN.