fantasy football

yeah i know its kinda early to even think about it but yahoo has the fantasy football league sign ups happening already!! so for those of you that know u are gonna play consider this an f.y.i.

last year we had a neowin leage and i think it was fun for most that participated. i didnt like the size of the league nor the depth of the roster spots, i.e. too many spots to be filled and too many teams trying to fill them. but thats just my take on it. hopefully boog will start another and we can get more input on what the league settings should be.

if your not ready for some football, ya better get ready!!

how does fantasy football work? is it similar to fantasy baseball? count me in. the only thing i worry about is people joining, and then being inactive. it really hurts the baseball league, so if the football is similar, i think we should stress that you only join if you are actually gonna be active most of the time.

Yea I think it's pretty close to the same BroChaos. Maybe get a good service and split the cost.. that will help ensure people will play and care about their team. I'd be up for it.

Yeah, they are pretty similar. Last year's league was fun, there were a couple of people who stopped playing early, but those who remained kept it interesting. I'm down to play again this season, but I don't think I'd be willing to pay for a league (Yahoo's free fantasy games are good enough).

I agree with Chris, there were too many teams last year. I had 2 running backs get hurt and basically that was it for me, there's no way in hell to remain competitive (I basically had to make running back transactions every week). I guess that's how fantasy games go, though.

I play a league every year on Yahoo! and here is the team structure

2 QB

3 RB or FB

4 WR

2 TE

2 K

2 DEF

You start:

1 QB

2 RB or FB

3 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 DEF

Made it much more managable than what we did last year.

2 QB

3 RB or FB

4 WR

2 TE

2 K

2 DEF

You start:

1 QB

2 RB or FB

3 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 DEF

586114196[/snapback]

I like that setup! If you have 15+ teams and have to start more then 1 QB someone is screwed right from the start. I vote for this setup.. if we do a vote at any point.

2 QB

3 RB or FB

4 WR

2 TE

2 K

2 DEF

You start:

1 QB

2 RB or FB

3 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 DEF

586114196[/snapback]

i agree and this may even work with 14 or if we have to 16 teams but having to pick a D as well as picking defensive players to go with it was just a bit nutty. i personally like the 3rd starting WR to be wr/te or wr/rb to give some added flexiblity.

we will likely have more than 2 leagues but i rather more individual leagues with somewhere around 12 teams than 2 leagues with 20. if we make a league with a lot of teams then the bench should be limited to no more than 3 bench players which i dont agree with but i think every team would have a decent starting line up.

just my 2c

i agree and this may even work with 14 or if we have to 16 teams but having to pick a D as well as picking defensive players to go with it was just a bit nutty. i personally like the 3rd starting WR to be wr/te or wr/rb to give some added flexiblity. 

we will likely have more than 2 leagues but i rather more individual leagues with somewhere around 12 teams than 2 leagues with 20.  if we make a league with a lot of teams then the bench should be limited to no more than 3 bench players which i dont agree with but i think every team would have a decent starting line up.

just my 2c

586116105[/snapback]

In that system the DEF is the entire defensive team, not players.

• 2 weeks later...

Not for about a month or so....no way I am starting anything this soon before minicamps and such. Too many injuries happen, and if we start this soon, people's rosters can get seriously screwed up before the first game.

Not for about a month or so....no way I am starting anything this soon before minicamps and such.  Too many injuries happen, and if we start this soon, people's rosters can get seriously screwed up before the first game.

586166217[/snapback]

Make sure that we are not a week late after the season starts like last year. ;) .

Since you didn't want to do the Yahoo Pick'Ems last year after we tried it, I can run that separately if anyone wants to join. I used that to check my Neowin score last year to make sure everything was correct.

Make sure that we are not a week late after the season starts like last year.  ;) .

586166302[/snapback]

That was because we started a second league due to high demand. The original league was fine.

someone should reserve a time now anyway. i tried to start a league with some friends and a lot of the good time were taken and it may get worse as the season approaches. its best to know i you are gonna need two leagues early than to wait until the week before and get crappy draft times.

Alright. I'll set up three leagues this year. I'll do this tonight, and get it set up. I'll use Armeck's arrangement as the #'s.

Further, as commissioner, I will need each participant's MOST USED e-mail address. This is so I can contact you if you are MIA during the season. I know a lot of you will be posting here, but I will need every form of communication from you all to make sure we have an active league.

Second, I will require that everyone who signs up, use their neowin name in their team's name somehow, so we can track who is who....I've asked people to post their team in several past leagues, and get minimal response.

Fair enough?

I'd like to sign up, but I'm already doing the nfl.com one... I'm not sure how this one works, is it anything similar to the nfl.com one?

That's fair enough boog. Is there going to be a limit on how many leagues we can sign up for?