fantasy football

I'll come out of my Yahoo! Fantasy Football glorious retirement and go on a comeback tour. Last time I played I registered four teams and three of them won the championship :woot: . I haven't signed up since (it's been like 4 years now) for fear of tarnishing my record lol. But since it's a Neowin league, I'm in.

There were 2 major problems with last season, not everyone was active in the league and some people didn't show up for the draft.

I do remember someone drafting David Carr for the first pick in the second league. Lots of us were saying "wtf?".

There were 2 major problems with last season, not everyone was active in the league and some people didn't show up for the draft.

I do remember someone drafting David Carr for the first pick in the second league.  Lots of us were saying "wtf?".

586168681[/snapback]

Oh man I remember that. I had the second pick and the person ahead of me picked Carr, freaking rediculous.

That sounds good BOOG.

@Steffan, Yea last year I got booted out of the draft shortly after I picked one WR and didn't get to pick the rest myself. I hadn't setup the auto draft stuff so I got a sucky team from then on out. Hurt me bad too. I hope that doesn't happen this year, but I will have my auto draft stuff setup better this time around.

i think that the number of teams in each league should be kept to no more than 16 in each and they should only be allowed one team. that way everyone is in and no one is taking a spot from someone that wants to participate when they already have a team participating. and this should help in avoiding 5+ hour drafts.

also please make sure that we dont have teams like last year. no need to pick a defense and pick defensive players. no need to have to pick 3 qb's where 2 of them have to start each week, read my earlier post in setting this up. i have been a commish for two years for another league i run with some friends and its been pretty smooth.

Edited by christracy

I actually thought last year went smooth.  All the extras made you have to know what you were doing.  Watered down leagues are too easy.

586171071[/snapback]

no leagues i have ever participated in have had settings as you had it last year. i i think it just added addtional research but really was redundant such as with the defense. but thats me i know what im used to, if the settings are too complicated and the number of teams too great it will dilute the talent and lead to people abandoning their teams.

I also prefer just the DEF teams and not individuals. I guess that can get boring to a few people, but I just don't have the time to go through that many players each week. But, whatever, I'll make time if it ends up going that way.

no leagues i have ever participated in have had settings as you had it last year.  i i think it just added addtional research but really was redundant such as with the defense.  but thats me i know what im used to, if the settings are too complicated and the number of teams too great it will dilute the talent and lead to people abandoning their teams.

586171095[/snapback]

True, but you have that in every league.

Last year went smoothly, I didn't think there were any problems besides the draft starting a week after the NFL season started. I liked picking the defenseive players, I don't want to just pick a DEF team that covers the whole defense. We shouldn't change what we had last year except we should allow one person to sign up for only one league so that everyone who wants to join can join. If a league has spots open a day or so before the draft signup deadline, then we should allow people to sign up for two leagues if they want.