[MLB] Yankees to build new stadium

Saw part of the press conference. They're going to keep the same field dimensions. Just under 51,000 seats with 30,000 on the lower level and 20,000 on the upper. Supposedly better lines of sight for EVERYONE. ANd even at concession stands you'll hjave lines of sight to the field. Looks incredible with the old facade. I'll post a link of design pics if I find one.

This is sacrilege... Well, i suppose it's not that serious. I've never been to Yankee Stadium, so I'm not sure about all of hte line of sight issues and what not, but seriously, this place is a living museum. It's the 3rd oldest park in the game, right behind Fenway and Wrigley. If they tore down either Wrigley Stadium (thanks, Jeff Gordon) or Fenway Park, I would be surprised. They oughta leave Yankee Stadium as it is.

This is sacrilege... Well, i suppose it's not that serious. I've never been to Yankee Stadium, so I'm not sure about all of hte line of sight issues and what not, but seriously, this place is a living museum. It's the 3rd oldest park in the game, right behind Fenway and Wrigley. If they tore down either Wrigley Stadium (thanks, Jeff Gordon) or Fenway Park, I would be surprised. They oughta leave Yankee Stadium as it is.

586070429[/snapback]

They're NOT tearing down the current stadium. They're going to keep it in use for high school and other league games. Plus I'm sure it will be turned into a museum-type thing.

And that second pic is inaccurate. They scrapped the retractable roof idea. Though yeah the top one is pretty much on.

They're NOT tearing down the current stadium. They're going to keep it in use for high school and other league games. Plus I'm sure it will be turned into a museum-type thing.

And that second pic is inaccurate. They scrapped the retractable roof idea. Though yeah the top one is pretty much on.

586070434[/snapback]

I have heard that, and i have heard that they were tearing it down. It wouild be kinda dumb to tear it down, yes? That'd be something for high school kids to play on it. Something for them to remember.

why oh why couldnt they build a new staidum for my expos?:cry::

586070445[/snapback]

Because peoplestill> wouldn't go see them in Montreal lol. Let's face it Montreal isn't a baseball town.

I have heard that, and i have heard that they were tearing it down. It wouild be kinda dumb to tear it down, yes? That'd be something for high school kids to play on it. Something for them to remember.

586070501[/snapback]

Today they talked to I think it was Levine, the President of the Yanks, about keeping the old stadium for high school games and essentially as a museum when it's not being used for games.

Hmmm, I don't like this one bit...it won't be the house that babe built :(

586070753[/snapback]

Toootally agree with you!!!

Hmmm, I don't like this one bit...it won't be the house that babe built :(

586070753[/snapback]

It's the house that George built. :laugh:

So there going to distory the house that Ruth built ?? and make a new one .....

-Romeo

586084378[/snapback]

someone didn't read :ninja: