recording internet audio

First of all, I am not sure if this is the proper forum to post this in. If not, sorry.

Tonite my dad was recording a streaming radio show on from the Internet. Well, he told me that about every 45 seconds, on the recorded audio it will have a loud static sound for about 1 second. But when you listen to the actual stream from the Internet, there is no static.

I have also noticed this problem one time when I was trying to record something that was streaming from the Internet. At the same point in the song that was playing it would put that static in the song and you could not hear anything but the static. But when listening to the actual stream, it was not there.

Anyone know what might be causing that? Thanks in advance for any help.

what program was he listening to? there are many archives out there of the shows from which you can download for free

you will sometimes have problems with total record as it goes though the soundcard and pci bus which probaby causes the clicks

cant u just use a microphone and use windows recorder and record parts of it? lol

586071501[/snapback]

no, thats transcoding for one, and it only goes for 60 or 90 seconds

cant u just use a microphone and use windows recorder and record parts of it? lol

586071501[/snapback]

Then you are asking for poor quality. :D

Try using Power Recrord. I have used it and its pretty good. Make sure your recording source if Mixer. That will produce the best quality.