[Cricket] Bangladesh humiliate Australia

post-32225-1119115434.jpg

Bangladesh pulled of one of the biggest upsets in cricket history as they beat Australia by five wickets in an extraordinary match at Cardiff. Mohammad Ashraful was the hero for Bangladesh as he made his first one-day hundred at a run-a-ball and added 130 in 23 overs with Habibul Bashar to put them course. They started the last over needing seven to win and Aftab Ahmed blasted Jason Gillespie's first ball over mid-wicket for six and then a scampered single from the next ball sealed a win that will go down as amazing in every respect.

Full Scorecard

I'd like to hear what Neowinian Aussies have to say on this :devil: I've said it earlier, I'll say it again; the law of averages finally seems to be catching up. :rofl:

_40640030_gilchrist300.jpg

_40640192_ponting300.jpg

_40640314_hayden200.jpg

_40641138_bashar200.jpg

_40641140_ashraful200.jpg

Just a few more pictures to sum up the humiliation :laugh: :rofl:

Lmao, this is just brilliant, the so called 'world best' losing to Bangladesh,, thinking thye have a chance against England :rolleyes:

This is not an example of the law of averages, it is just the 'outliers' you see on a typical distribution graph.

Note that I am not belittling the effort, good job. But a supposedly the probability of very weak team winning against a very strong one is very small. :)

this was just amazing match.. i watched for like 4 mins checking bangladesh score 90 - 3 something. and right now when i check auzzie loose ... i am like what the ****?

I feel sorry for Richie Benaud and Shane Warne. They wanted ICC to take away the test status from Bdesh.

ha ha ha. Who is the sucker now. Go Bangalis

Is this the begining of the end of Australia?

This is not an example of the law of averages, it is just the 'outliers' you see on a typical distribution graph.

586084232[/snapback]

Every world class team (best at the time) will take a decline like all previous world class teams be it West Indies, India, Australia, Pakistan. With the average age of the Australian team in the high 30s, they will most likely experience the same thing. :whistle:

Wow!! Thats some news!!! Amazing game and leveller is this game!! The best team for sometime may be reaching its downtime...

Sweet!

I was watching the Aussies bat before and I must admit I think it was just an off day for them

586084352[/snapback]

off day ? Its three defeats in a row. (First against England in Twenty20, then against Somerset and today this)

off day ? Its three defeats in a row. (First against England in Twenty20, then against Somerset and today this)

586085157[/snapback]

Exactly what I was going to say. England for the series win and England for a comprehensive Ashes victory!

u guys are underestimating the australian team. They are like the borg. they will adapt to thier weakness and kill the opposition. Bookmark this post

Bangladesh sucks. Just when Bangladesh defeated pakistan(2nd best team in 99 behind australia) in 99, they gave them test status only to have them lose 99% of thier matches. Now they beat australia and they should be given more tests? bangladesh simply sucks! they perform in 1 in every 100 matches. I hope they lose badly we dont need teams like bangla and zimbabwe as test nations

Bangladesh sucks. Just when Bangladesh defeated pakistan(2nd best team in 99 behind australia) in 99, they gave them test status only to have them lose 99% of thier matches. Now they beat australia and they should be given more tests? bangladesh simply sucks! they perform in 1 in every 100 matches. I hope they lose badly we dont need teams like bangla and zimbabwe as test nations

586085938[/snapback]

Let me guess, you're..Pakistani? :whistle: