Please help me with a science assignment

I've got a science assignment due tomorrow and it adds up to around 5% of my school certificate, so it's kinda important. The assignment is titled "searching for intelligent life in our universe". I'm having a bit of trouble finding some info - I've tried google with limited success, and I don't have any books or anything. The assignment is meant to be on what we have done in the past to search for life, what we are doing now, and what we could do in the future. Theories and stuff like that would also be useful.

So if anyone knows any links for stuff like this, I'd appreciate a hand :) cheers

Check out SETI@home.

Or just the SETI Intitute.

I don't really know many other organizations with the equipment to do it, that also do it. :)

Wikipedia also use to have good articles, for example about these things.

I don't know much but we have been taught that the topic you are talking about is called SETI, - the search for extra-terrestrial intelligience, and that radio teleoscopes are used to scan each star in our viewable space segment.

As to what we may do in the future we may use ionizing engines or something of the like, that emit a blue glow to send probes lightyears out into space and see if they come into contact with another life, as the engine uses extremely low fuel and due to the nature of space even though the probe starts off slow, it will accelerate to massive speeds by the time it reaches the edge of our solar system. A probe using somewhat old and cumbersome rocket technology may also be launched, and is much quicker off the mark, but does not accelerate ultimately to as high speeds, and does not have the capacity to carry the same fuel as the first probe concept.

Obviously most scientists seem to beleive that there WILL be extra-terrestrial life in our universe and as we pass through the most dense part of space, *(of which we will experience in the next few thousand years) we may see a higher probability that we will come across ET life.

Probably not that much use but thats all i can think of @ the mo, it should be more aswell considering I have my physics exam tomorow :p.

EDIT: LOL, just saw you have 4 more posts to go until you are 1337, congrats in advance.

Edited by warning1

sorry to bump but I need this info ASAP

586096583[/snapback]

Why bump? All the information you need can be found on the website for the SETI Insitute, as mention several posts above...

In fact, there's FAR more information on there than you will ever use for your paper :) SETI is a fascinating subject... Maybe they should apply it to the Internet too (just drop the extra-terrestrial bit)! :woot:

And the goal of those rovers has nothing to do with A.I.

They still aren't sure if there was water on mars. Some terrains seem like there used to be water due to erosion, or at least thats what we think.

seti.org should provide you more than enough information.

You could talk about how people around the world contribute via Seti@home or how radiowaves from space are read/processed at Seti for further analysis or whatever man... It's a huge topic and they got loads of info.

Heck, when I got somethnig to talk about that I'm not too aware of, I go to Wikipedia

Check out the articles they got on SETI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SETI