Wimbledon

Well Wimbledon just began yesterday and so far a couple of shocks have come in already. Here are the links to the draws

Men's singles

Women's singles

For the Men's most of the expected players got through. Federer, Roddick, Hewitt etc.. As for the British players well, Rusedski eased into the second round at 3 sets to 1. Henman came back from 2 sets down to win against Nieminen. Also Andy Murray won over Bastl.

Everyone expected from the women won except for a shock exit from Henin-Hardenne.

So has anyone been watching it?

My Gran > Henman

He blows balls badly. I feel ashamed to be British when we have tennis players like that. It's all hype with him, he has no winners streak in him.

Federer, Hewitt and Roddick are the ones to watch this year

you gotta pull for henman though....you just feel bad for the guy.

great match between haynes and serena on the women's side right now.

Have to admit I'm a bit ashamed and embarrassed. I completely forgot it even started and found out accidentally by tuning into ESPN2 and catching the Williams-Haynes match. I can't believe Henin-Hardenne was ousted so quickly.

My Gran > Henman

He blows balls badly. I feel ashamed to be British when we have tennis players like that. It's all hype with him, he has no winners streak in him.

Federer, Hewitt and Roddick are the ones to watch this year

586097947[/snapback]

I know this is a bad time to say this because he is out already, but he is technically a superb player. His net play is probably the best in the game, as Boris Becker noted last Wimbledon. He just lacks the agression and demeanour that the 'the best' players have, and thats what holds him back.

(Go Andy Murray!)

I don't know why you say that about Henman. :huh: He is the best bet you guys have. He truly is a good player, I mean being ranked in the top 10 in the freakin' world is amazing. I wish I had half the skill Henman has (I'm getting there :p ). You guys couldn't even do what he has done already in his "lackluster" career, and over half the ranked thousands of players haven't even won a "big" title. I'm of course going for the "Federer Express". He will be a hell of a player to beat. Andy, well everyone I have talked to here in the states doesn't like him (I'm from around Austin too). I really hate his atitude, plus I just don't think he has what it takes mentally to win, right now anyways. I'm kinda sad Safin lost though, tough break. Federer in 4 :yes:

I only really have a slight interest because I live in Wimbledon. I think Andrew Murray will be a good one to watch today, I like him, I dont really like Tim Henman though.

I have 2 tickets to Wimbledon. Put them on ebay, and offers went up to 2000 pounds sterling.

Then it went up to 10 Million.

THEN.. Wimbledon called me up to say they've cancelled the tickets because I was selling them.

Though now I can't get my 4 grand, I still got my tickets working again.

'Cause I got skills.

I have 2 tickets to Wimbledon. Put them on ebay, and offers went up to 2000 pounds sterling.

Then it went up to 10 Million.

THEN.. Wimbledon called me up to say they've cancelled the tickets because I was selling them.

Though now I can't get my 4 grand, I still got my tickets working again.

'Cause I got skills.

586117770[/snapback]

Wow that's fortunate. Here in the States I've heard of teams not only confiscating the tickets but canceling subscriptions if the person happens to be a season-ticket holder.

hmm, they took the murray match off for roddick now. too lazy to look up the score....lol

damn, what happened with roddick and bracciali? i didn't realize they made such a big deal about the match being suspended...

because of darkness. the ref called it. but apperantly bracciali thought roddick influenced the chair ump to call it early, and then words were exchanged, and then roddick went off on him the next day when the match was completed, during the post match interview.

You guys couldn't even do what he has done already in his "lackluster" career,

586116738[/snapback]

Well neither of us have won a major trophy, so I'm level with him at the moment :whistle:

Has he even won one of the lesser tournaments that are on the ATP calender?

Did you know that Henman is the richest loser in the world of tennis? He has made about ?11 million for himself, and never even won a major

His best years are behind him now. He might as well quit whilst he is behind

Go Murray :woot:: :laugh::

i think andy murry has been pretty good for only have played 7 pro matches.

maybe Great Britian has just found a new player to carry on after henman

i heard he took the first. except in the US, they are showing taped coverage of sharapova over this live match.... :angry:

Finally a Tennis discussion here!

It's so annoying though, they broadcasted like 0 games on TV yet! I have to keep checking the internet to see what going on..

Anyone knows when will the new WTA rankings, afer Wimbeldon is finished, be published?

Finally a Tennis discussion here!

It's so annoying though, they broadcasted like 0 games on TV yet! I have to keep checking the internet to see what going on..

586119441[/snapback]

0 games on TV? Where are you?

I'm assuming Britain because of your sig, but if thats right then BBC show about 4 matches all at once on digital.

yea i just watched serena loose. I was thinking she was going to try her hardest to win so she could poop out while playing her sister, then venus could go on easly.

Anyone watch the Andy Roddick match with.. i can't remember. Very good, lots of twists and change in momentum. can't wait to watch Federer and Hewitt's match.