Many bodybuilders?

I used to be really heavy into lifting in high school... still do but not at that level.

I used to be huge in high school, 220lbs 6 feet tall. Used to be able to do 10 reps of 600lbs inverted squats (45 degrees). Still hold the school record.

After high school, had surgery done from an accident and I haven't worked my legs that heavily in the last few years. Still, each of my tighs are around 32 inch round (each)... my buddies still call me quadzilla.

Hey guys...I just started working out with a personal trainer two days ago. Now, I can hardly walk today!!!! Any ideas on how to overcome the cramping? It's not just regular soreness, but this is soreness plus occasional cramping. It sucks. But at least I know I got a good work out. I'm going three days a week for the next few months.

586114483[/snapback]

best to ask your personal trainer about that he/she should know.

i love that feeling, sit on the toilet and you cant get up :p

someone told me to ice your spots, streatch. and to help blood flow, and bananas for the potassium which help blood flow

While I don't consider myself a bodybuilder I have developed a love for weightlifting. I am currently in my peak, I am benching 40KG on each side of the olympic bar for a total (incluiding bar) of 2*40*2.2046+45= 221.368 lb, I can lift easily that weight on the three benchs horizontal and the 2 inclinated ones for upper and low breast. Cardio is very important, i run on the Treadmill for 30 min each day.

I workout consistantly, 3 days on, 4th day cardio, 3days on.? This summer my goal was to gain 20lbs by the end of August (starting in May).? I've gained 7lb so far.? I'm taking Mass gainer, Creatine Monohyrdate, Gluatamine, Taurine supplments as well.? I'm 6'0 165lbs ripped 6 pack as well.? I do abs every second day.? They only time I take time off from the gym is when exams come up, which usually results in taking 1 week off, that or if i get injured in hockey, other than that I don't take time off from the gym, but still wouldn't consider myself a bodybuilder, only way I'd consider myself a bodybuilder is if I started looking like those guys who go into bodybuilding competitions, and my goal isn't too look like that at all .. so i guess i'll never be a bodybuilder lol.? If any of you watch UFC, i'm going for a build like that, with my target weight being 190.

586114498[/snapback]

I would get off all that crap. Just do it naturally. Once you stop talking that stuff, the "gains" you got from it will be gone. If you feel as though you must take creatine, at least cycle it. I'd be willing to bet 4-5 of those 7 pounds you have gained are water weight.

I would get off all that crap.  Just do it naturally.  Once you stop talking that stuff, the "gains" you got from it will be gone.  If you feel as though you must take creatine, at least cycle it.  I'd be willing to bet 4-5 of those 7 pounds you have gained are water weight.

586114625[/snapback]

I do cycle my creatine, I just cycyled off, the net gain was 7lbs. I doing Creatine in 8 week cycles, it has worked for a lot people I know, as well as myself. I only do it during the summer, in which I plan to do two cycles. During the year I take no supplements due to the fact I believe I would not be able to give it my all gym/nutrition wise due to university workload.

best to ask your personal trainer about that he/she should know.

i love that feeling, sit on the toilet and you cant get up :p 

someone told me to ice your spots, streatch. and to help blood flow, and bananas for the potassium which help blood flow

586114562[/snapback]

Yea thats pretty much what he said...Stretch, Bananas, Water, etc...

I need the local drug dealer :ninja: :rofl:

I do cycle my creatine, I just cycyled off, the net gain was 7lbs.  I doing Creatine in 8 week cycles, it has worked for a lot people I know, as well as myself.  I only do it during the summer, in which I plan to do two cycles.  During the year I take no supplements due to the fact I believe I would not be able to give it my all gym/nutrition wise due to university workload.

586114751[/snapback]

8 weeks is too long. You body "gets used to" the creatine after 3-4 weeks of use. I tried the same thing, supplements over the summer, and then nothing during the season. In my opinion it wasn't worth it. Flexibility was lost due to the water that I retained while I was on creatine, and I found that I really wasn't any stronger off it than I was on it. But good luck. BTW, where do you play?

I think that may be too much weight and not enough reps, but if it is working for you then that's good.  Are you getting big, but not defined?  That is more of a powerlifting style of technique (high weight and low reps.)  I use the 35s and go 3 sets of 10-12.

586114473[/snapback]

Yea, yesterday was my light day. I use lighter weights but more reps. I did 40lbs./ 3 sets of 12. You should see on my heavy days. Even the big guys look at me when I'm heavy lifting. I do shoulder lifts using 105lbs each hand/3 sets of 10 and rowing at 210lbs/3 sets of 8. I'm not bragging, but I'm a really skinny guy.

8 weeks is too long.  You body "gets used to" the creatine after 3-4 weeks of use.  I tried the same thing, supplements over the summer, and then nothing during the season.  In my opinion it wasn't worth it.  Flexibility was lost due to the water that I retained while I was on creatine, and I found that I really wasn't any stronger off it than I was on it.  But good luck.  BTW, where do you play?

586115009[/snapback]

There is a league in my university, I play in Triple A, which is the highest division we have here. In November, I got a viscous slash to my left hand, ended up damaging a nerve in my thumb, couldn't do any physical activity for close to 5 months. I had to take anti-inflammatories just so I could write my exams. That's my second injury from a bad slash, the other I bruised a tendon in my right hand index finger. It's a pretty rough league, the worst was this one idiot who didn't wear a cup or forget whatever the reason, he took a slap shot to his nuts, and well now he only has 1.

I am 6'0, or close to 6'1. 220 lbs.

I've been wanting to lose a lot of the fat I have, and then bulking back up with muscle. What would be the best way to accomplish this? Anyone have a book or something I could pick up, as I want to do this properly.

I play Rugby and my position requires me to sprint, tackle, jog, spint, tackle, jog. I play tighthead prop. So basically I want to be in excellent shape by the time the next season rolls around next year.

Thanks for any help.

I've been wanting to lose a lot of the fat I have, and then bulking back up with muscle. What would be the best way to accomplish this? Anyone have a book or something I could pick up, as I want to do this properly.

I play Rugby and my position requires me to sprint, tackle, jog, spint, tackle, jog. I play tighthead prop. So basically I want to be in excellent shape by the time the next season rolls around next year.

Thanks for any help.

586127249[/snapback]

id lift, take supplements, and do some cardio.as you lift and take supplements,muscles should get bigger which will burn fat.

id lift, take supplements, and do some cardio.as you lift and take supplements,muscles should get bigger which will burn fat.

586127393[/snapback]

Well, I don't want to take any form of supplements. I want it to be all natural. Just something I don't want to do :)

Thanks for any help.

586127249[/snapback]

Well, I don't want to take any form of supplements. I want it to be all natural. Just something I don't want to do :)

586127711[/snapback]

www.abcbodybuilding.com

Here is a site I use quite frequently, good place to find information, and the forum is really helpful. No offense to neowin, but it isn't the best for working out information :p.

I'd recommend a Bulk phase, then a cutting phase. On that site, they have a few diets you can go on for both as well as excercises. Be sure to post this question there too, you'll definately get anwers there.

www.abcbodybuilding.com

Here is a site I use quite frequently, good place to find information, and the forum is really helpful.  No offense to neowin, but it isn't the best for working out information  :p.

I'd recommend a Bulk phase, then a cutting phase.  On that site, they have a few diets you can go on for both as well as excercises.  Be sure to post this question there too, you'll definately get anwers there.

586131149[/snapback]

Awesome! Thanks. :D