• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

'My Ferrari's too slow'

giga    45
A businessman who bought a brand new Ferrari is demanding his money back because it only goes 280 km/h.

Berlin businessman Joerg Winterberg, 60, is unhappy his ?111 000 (about R 1.3m) Ferrari Challenge Stradale didn't reach the advertised 298km.

He said: "I could have bought a Porsche for far less and still had the same performance. I want my money back.

"The prospectus promised the car could reach 298 km/h, but in reality it can only go up to 280 km/h."

Ferrari have denied there is anything wrong with the car and have refused to give the businessman his money back.

He is now taking the company to court after an independent expert also found the sports car could not go at the speeds promised.

German motorists can travel at whatever speed they like on the country's famous autobahns. - Ananova.com

20050628144855ChallengeStradale.jpg

:||

xplatinum    63

nice ! lol :laugh:

Liquid    4

Why was he going that fast in the first place!?

BroChaos    1

what an arse....doesn't deserve to drive a ferrari....

webeagle12    948

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

man ahahhah

been there, done 240km/hour, :p

dmp3    0

Hahaha.... Yo yo, my bimmer doesn't handle as advertised either. I think i'll be returning it for an M3.

xplatinum    63
Why was he going that fast in the first place!?

586140008[/snapback]

No speed limits in Germany if you drive in the right lane.

Hypoxiaicon    0

Well if its new... The engine will probably need running in... you don't buy a Brand new car at delivery milage and thrash the crap out of it expecting the claimed performance.

Maybe after its done xxxx Miles and run in and still not reaching claimed figures, then yes id be pretty annoyed if its not doing what its suppose to be doing for the price I paid.

xp1ode    5

i guess when the car is that much money, then you can really complain if it goes one km/h less then advertised.

chmsant    0

what.... how stupid is this? How can you find grounds to sue on something as little as "OMG my car wont go xxx fast.....

webeagle12    948
No speed limits in Germany if you drive in the right lane.

586140020[/snapback]

umm buddy, u are wrong here

the only highways without speed is autoban, everywhere else there is speed limit, if u even drive on right side

Brandon    285
what an arse....doesn't deserve to drive a ferrari....

586140009[/snapback]

yep.. ill happily take it off his hands... well even any car haha

Yeggstry    0

I thought this was gonna be a Schumacher moan :)

berz    0
Well if its new... The engine will probably need running in... you don't buy a Brand new car at delivery milage and thrash the crap out of it expecting the claimed performance.

Maybe after its done xxxx Miles and run in and still not reaching claimed figures, then yes id be pretty annoyed if its not doing what its suppose to be doing for the price I paid.

586140026[/snapback]

This is entirely correct. The break-in procedure on our Gallardo was less meticulous than what dealer mechanic described, but it still involved sustained speed driving for long distances with erratic braking patterns and extreme up/down shifts. After ~2500 miles, you can easily notice a huge difference in performance and even mileage (the thing utterly sucked gas at the beginning - I could barely get the 9mpg city mileage in 90-95% highway driving). So, yes, this is just silly.

kyro    2

my hammer is waiting for his car to drive by.

El Bourricot    0

Hehe I have to say Ferrari are a bunch of elitist *rses anyway so this is good :D

Go him :D

xplatinum    63
umm buddy, u are wrong here

the only highways without speed is autoban, everywhere else there is speed limit, if u even drive on right side

586140039[/snapback]

That's what I meant, Autobhan :)

emo    0

my friends k24 turbo crx can still rip that ferrari...

BroChaos    1
This is entirely correct. The break-in procedure on our Gallardo was less meticulous than what dealer mechanic described, but it still involved sustained speed driving for long distances with erratic braking patterns and extreme up/down shifts. After ~2500 miles, you can easily notice a huge difference in performance and even mileage (the thing utterly sucked gas at the beginning - I could barely get the 9mpg city mileage in 90-95% highway driving). So, yes, this is just silly.

586140058[/snapback]

i thought those cars already came broken in out of the factory? :huh:

Hypoxiaicon    0
i thought those cars already came broken in out of the factory? :huh:

586140130[/snapback]

No way.... Not unless they have been run in by the factory...

as far as im aware ANY new engine at delivery milage needs running in

MR_Candyman    114

every ferarri and lamborghini gets driven before being oked for delivery, but they are by no means anywhere near broken in yet

BroChaos    1

it doesn't really make sense to buy a $100,000+ car that does like 180mph, and then be like "ok, drive safe, don't go over 45mph!"

i mean, when you buy a car like that, you're gonna want to drive it right away. thats why i thought everything was run in before hand.

StuRReaL    0

I always thought there was an upper limit even on autobahns of 175mph? as BMW's are limited to 175 aren't they for that reason (so i was told)

Jonax    0

Do most Ferrari drivers really buy it for the top speed anyway? :huh:

Kreuger    107

For that much money, the car should not only go that fast but it should cook me food and do the laundry too.