'My Ferrari's too slow'

Do most Ferrari drivers really buy it for the top speed anyway? :huh:

586140195[/snapback]

Nope, it's mostly for bragging rights so you can tell people: "Oh hey, I have a Ferrari!"

I always thought there was an upper limit even on autobahns of 175mph? as BMW's are limited to 175 aren't they for that reason (so i was told)

586140205[/snapback]

There is no speed limit on the Autobahn. I don't think BMW's are limited to 175 unless that's when the governor kicks in. Either way, 298kph is only about 185mph and thats the advertised top speed for a ferrari? a cheaper car can easily destroy that.

There is no speed limit on the Autobahn. I don't think BMW's are limited to 175 unless that's when the governor kicks in. Either way, 298kph is only about 185mph and thats the advertised top speed for a ferrari? a cheaper car can easily destroy that.

586140253[/snapback]

It's about handling as well you know.

For that much money, the car should not only go that fast but it should cook me food and do the laundry too.

586140198[/snapback]

LOL :rofl: :laugh:

If I paid lot's of monies for a ferrari, I would be pretty mad if it didn't perform like it should. Of course, only after it has been broken in.

I never knew that cars needed to be broken in. I thought they lost HP from engine wear and tear as time passes..

what an arse....doesn't deserve to drive a ferrari....

586140009[/snapback]

Lol, had I given that much money, I would complain to.

280 is not really that much for a Ferrari.

(I would never a buy a Ferrari in the first place anyway. Tuning.. :))

Arg all these people complaining about the Ferrari "not that fast". Yes, it's true that an SL55 can do speeds up to 320kph (same kind of pricing), yes, a modified Nissan can also reach that kind of thing, but when you buy a Ferrari you buy the little horse at the front and the red paint. Ferraris are (mainly) for rich knobs who need to advertise the fact that they've made it into society. A tuned up Nissan or Supra just makes you look like a cheap rice boy, at least here in Europe it does. If you're rich and you want speed you'll probably go for a Carrera GT or even the SL55, even though it's very heavy :D

A bit OT, but anyone knows what's up with Clarkson's Ford GT? I heard it had gone back to Ford AGAIN :D

Yeah you wouldnt want to pay that much money to get a underperforming car. You dont buy a AMD 3500+ that can only perform as good as a AMD 3200+ do you??

I say go him. Its false advertising is what it is. If your driving on the autobarn at such rediculous speeds you dont want to be overtaken by some hotted up piece of crap car.

Just to clear one thing up... every single autobahn in Germany is NOT unrestricted. The German government are starting to apply restrictions all over the place, and there are now only a few truely unrestricted autobahns left. Sad but true.

As for the Ferarri thing.. well, the guy has a point. It was advertised to do a certain speed and it can't do it.. thats false advertising and against the law, so I can see his point of view. Besides, he should have just bought a 911 Turbo.. Ferarri's are for people with small wangs ;)

I never knew that cars needed to be broken in. I thought they lost HP from engine wear and tear as time passes..

Nope.. obviously wear and tear can reduce horsepower depending on how the car has been driven, but generally as an engine is used more and more, it does free up a bit of power. Quite well documented :)

I always thought there was an upper limit even on autobahns of 175mph? as BMW's are limited to 175 aren't they for that reason (so i was told)

Mercedes and BMW electronically govern their more powerful cars to 155MPH..

Yeah you wouldnt want to pay that much money to get a underperforming car. You dont buy a AMD 3500+ that can only perform as good as a AMD 3200+ do you??

I say go him. Its false advertising is what it is. If your driving on the autobarn at such rediculous speeds you dont want to be overtaken by some hotted up piece of crap car.

586142495[/snapback]

lol agree.

Im gonna take my car back because it didnt come with a gorgeous woman spread over the bonnet as advertised, - :angry:

586142992[/snapback]

:rofl:

Anyway he is true, if the car says it can do YYY speed, and the car doesn't get that up, he has the right to return it and ask for his money.

Mazda offered to buy back any RX that was pre-ordered or was first run because the model that was shipped had less horsepower than advertised.

what an arse....doesn't deserve to drive a ferrari....

586140009[/snapback]

He lives in Germany so he can drive as fast as he wants on the autobahn.

It would be like shelling out cash for a 3.8 Ghz proc and only getting 3.6. You would complain.

ANd if anyone deserves a ferrari its me.

I don't blame him. Every Km\h counts when ya gotta take a dump.

586140221[/snapback]

That is how a good friend of mine got a ticket the other day, lol.

But did this guy break it in properly and do a top mph run in perfect conditions? I know the direction to go down the track and the weather can matter sometime. Not sure why the direction matters, maybe because it is slightly inclined one way and declined in the other?