Reasons to switch

Originally posted by Vidar

So, let's drop the hardware debate. Btw, Wicked. Klipch will always beat the Logitech. The cheapest I've seen retail klipsche was around $400 for a 4.1 THX (which THX merely means 'It sounds good playing StarWars).

I already know klipsch will always beat logitech. xweston was the one quoting a system with logitech speakers

check out the reviews... for $129 the logitech z560 are way better value than the $400 klipsch 4.1

and sound quality is very similar, in some cases better, in some cases worse

www.3dsoundsurge.com

Originally posted by Dazzla

Througout the 2 months I've been using OS X, I can glady say I have no idea what a Kernal panic looks like. OS X has never forced me to restart because of a crash and I've never lost any work due to a crash. In fact the only time OS X has crashed on me as when I was playing around with system files I shouldn't be touching and I messed it up. :D

That dll hacking feeling doesn't go away just cause I've got a mac ;)

Wait a second... First you say your OS X has never crashed, then you say has, becuse you were playing with system files. You lost all your credability on this one. It really crashes on you all the time, at least once a day, like everyone elses OS X.

Originally posted by Night Prowler

Wait a second... First you say your OS X has never crashed, then you say has, becuse you were playing with system files. You lost all your credability on this one.

Right, let me clarify. It didn't crash. It has never crashed on me. I deleted a vital system file and i couldn't boot. That isn't crashing.

Originally posted by Night Prowler

It really crashes on you all the time, at least once a day, like everyone elses OS X.

Riiiight, I take it you've never used OS X then. I can glady say I've never had a crash. You have to take into account I've only been using OS X for 2 months.

XP only crashed on me majorly about three times ever since I was using it back in April 2001. It's not that weird for it not to crash, maybe you're judging it on personal experience of XP :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Timan

osx never crashes unless u tamper with some system file DAZZLA!! ;)

Lol, that was when I was playing around with theming and all that. I've got a much better way of doing it now and E-Platino X is coming on nicely :D

I can comfortably say that OS X doesn't crash, although I don't own an iMAC i have played about and used many in the past. My friend has one of the new iMACs and its amazing, he has never had it crash. I think their interface is much better than windows just a shame its not as widely used :(

I'd like to offer my humble opinion here; Mac OSX Aqua GUI is a better interface by default. However from what I've seen WinXP can be modified in every way that OSX can be.

Am I wrong here?

Originally posted by deadzombie

I'd like to offer my humble opinion here; Mac OSX Aqua GUI is a better interface by default. However from what I've seen WinXP can be modified in every way that OSX can be.

Am I wrong here?

You're not, partly :cheeky:

Although I've seen themes for both, i.e. milk they can look similar in a static screenshot, but you'll never get the feel of OS X on a Windows machine and vice versa. The way I work on the two is different, you have to play to their advantages.