Show your OS X dock

^^ What's that SK application? The one with the hard hat please? :)

586204950[/snapback]

skEdit

Dock Magnification is turned off, and Hiding is turned on.

I have the Applications folder by the trash which I ctrl click to view all the other apps I dont use as much :ninja:

The iChat icon is actually Adium :)

post-23126-1121262217_thumb.jpg

:whistle: my dock.......

index.php

finder/dashboard/opera/mercury/safary/address book/iphoto/ical/idvd/imovie/m.word/m.powerpoint/m. excel/itunes/yahoo/preview( i was editing some pics) trash

dock.png

I prefer to keep it simple and clean and the only thing on my desktop is the HD.

other.png

I do this to get to things I need. and keep the dock easy to look at ;)

I do this to get to things I need. and keep the dock easy to look at ;)

586215238[/snapback]

You might want to look into a program called Himmelbar. Its free and sits next to the clock. You can customise which apps to chose from. Its kinda of a cross with the way Pre-OSX used to be.

^^ How are you running Office 2003 on your Mac? Virtual PC? Or did I miss something. :huh:

Or is that not a Mac? :blush:

Edit

I'm seeing Windows Explorer and Outlook, and MCE. So I'm just guessing it's a PC? :wacko: I thought we were looking at original Mac OS X docks only.

preview will convert it, also the Grab application is pretty useless. key combo's work just as good :D

apple + shift + 3 = whole screenshot in PNG (PDF if you still use panther)

apple + shift + 4 = select portion of screen in PNG (PDF if you still use panther)

apple + shift + 4 + space = window selection in PNG (PDF if you still use panther)

to convert it to jpg, or whatever format, just open the PNG/PDF in preview, and go to File > Save As and pick the format from the dropdown list

Also, if you would like your screenshot in a different format all the time, you can use Cocktail to change it or these terminal commands:

defaults write com.apple.screencapture type pdf

defaults write com.apple.screencapture type jpg

defaults write com.apple.screencapture type png

defaults write com.apple.screencapture type gif

etc...

On a similar question to the above, how do I resize an image without Photoshop. Is there an easy way of doing it? Grab, Preview? (thanks for the tip divinatum, I don't really like PNGs - being on dialup :blush: ).

Finder|Sherlock|Mail|Camino|iTunes|Adium|iPhoto|VLC|QuickTime|Acquisition|ActivityMonitor|System Prefs.

post-78352-1121976050.jpg

Edited by Rutager

On a similar question to the above, how do I resize an image without Photoshop. Is there an easy way of doing it? Grab, Preview? (thanks for the tip divinatum, I don't really like PNGs - being on dialup :blush: ).

586241268[/snapback]

Suprisingly enough... mail

mailresize.png

finder | safari | mail | itunes | ical | ichat | address book | iphoto | omnigraffle pro | omnioutliner | photoshop cs | illustrator cs | indesign cs2 | fireworks | dreamweaver | word | excel | textedit | preview | calc | automator | terminal || trash

dockx8rd.jpg

Woohoo!

Finder > Dashboard > Safari > mail > proteus > iChat > iTunes > iCal > QT > Garageband > RDC > Sys Prefs > Keylogger X > Preview | Links to network drives (right click) > Application folder (right click) > Trash

Cheers,

lieb39

post-29939-1122189948_thumb.jpg