Getting a new paintball gun

I was woundering if you the fellow paintballers out there could help me get a new gun. I'm looking at a Spider E-99, Piranaha Pro G3. I'm looking for a gun under $300 canadian put alittle but more is is fine.

Never Mind Found one.

Edited by killmaster84

Whatever you do sell what you have found and get the Tippman A5. I have the E-99 and the Tippman is much better. I would also reccomend getting the response trigger as well. For what you are looking at spending the A5 is the only way to go

I really all depends on personal preference. Go to the store and try shooting one if they let you, which ever feels better to you is the one you should get. Out of the 2 you mentioned, i would go for the spyder because I've had some bad experiences with piranhnas but look for used automags, dependable, simple, and upgradable.

^^yes but he said under $300 CAD and that is about $248 USD, and i'm sure the A-5 is more than that. For about $250 USD you can get a whole great Tippmann 98 Custom package.

that spyder E-99 is a VERY good gun. ive had one and my buddy still has his. Fast, cheap, pretty reliable. my vote is either for the E-99 or a 98Custom from tippmann(my current gun).

what did you go with, i have the pirhana and i  :wub: it

586213570[/snapback]

Right now I have Piranaha G2 I was looking at a G3

Whatever you do sell what you have found and get the Tippman A5. I have the E-99 and the Tippman is much better. I would also reccomend getting the response trigger as well. For what you are looking at spending the A5 is the only way to go

586213587[/snapback]

My friend wants the E-99 any good?

I really all depends on personal preference.  Go to the store and try shooting one if they let you, which ever feels better to you is the one you should get.  Out of the 2 you mentioned, i would go for the spyder because I've had some bad experiences with piranhnas but look for used automags, dependable, simple, and upgradable.

586213623[/snapback]

OUr store is a Wal-Mart and a Homehard ware :laugh:

also, take a look at the canadianpaintball.com forums, you can find some great deals there if you don't mind buying used.

586213998[/snapback]

Alberta Paintball More were I live

that spyder E-99 is a VERY good gun. ive had one and my buddy still has his. Fast, cheap, pretty reliable. my vote is either for the E-99 or a 98Custom from tippmann(my current gun).

586218960[/snapback]

Same thing is the E-99 any good

Sorry for not getting back so soon just well forgot about this topic :pinch:

The E-99 is a decent gun. However a few of the reasons I prefer the Tippmann A5 are the following:

The E-99 has an incredible rate of fire, up to 13 balls per second. However, in order to get anywhere near that fire rate you need an agitator hopper, which as NOISY, everyone can hear you from a mile away. Also the balls don't always drop and you almost always get misfires and chop the balls in two, totally messing up your gun.

The Tippmann A5 is amazing in every aspect and for the price range you won't find better, even though it was not one of your original choices. It has a much lower profile than either the Piranha or the Spyder. which makes it easier to run/hide/store. The A5 has the Cyclone autofeeder, which consistently loads up to 15 balls per second to fire. Amazing technology and virtually silent. Tippmann guns are virtually indestructible and amazingly reliable.

I've been looking at a Ion They seem like a good gun

17 balls per second, semi-auto

? 3 shot burst

? Full auto

? Rebound firing mode

Break-beam Vision System

Vertical Regulator

1000-1400 shot efficiency

[from a 68ci, 4500psi tank]

Feed tube with O-ring seals

Partial Tool Kit

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet River Baynes I've tryed the black dragun don't really like it and I've gone up in price range to about $1200 Canadain.

I have a spider e-99 avant black and i have a battery issue with the electronic trigger so im not sure if i would suggest the e-99, mine keeps draining the battery after a few min of shooting, tried duracell energizer and more.

Black Dragun, don't recommend it. :no:

Only buy $1200 worth of products if you play in tournaments.

I've spoken to a lot of ION users, and they are unhappy. Many are selling theirs. Go for a reliable Tippmann (impossible to break, good for woodsball), Spyder (reliable, cheap, upgradeable), or if you are serious, go for the cockers. Simply the best.

You mentioned earlier that you had a pirahna G2. In that case, don't bother looking at any other pirahnas or spyders, all models are exactly alike but with some more stock parts. If you want to upgrade to one of those, just use your money on upgrades like an electronic trigger etc.