XPM Classic RC3

Well, I've come to really like these new captions. So I think you should all try them :p

I'll add both RC1 and RC2 to the next release, so you can tinker between them as you see fit.

The new caption button has become the hover, with the old style default. (Y)

Edited by b0se

Well, I've come to really like these new captions. So I think you should all try them :p

I'll add both RC1 and RC2 to the next release, so you can tinker between them as you see fit.

The new caption button has become the hover, with the old style default. (Y)

586203082[/snapback]

That sounds like a fair trade off.

It's very beautiful b0se. However, the cobobox (dropdown) button is still missing in Firefox and in other applications. I remeber when I asked you to fix this in OpusOS 1.5 and Codename: Opus, you said that Firefox, and et. al. can't draw rounded glyph (or button, whatever it is called). This time, they are rectangular, and they still aren't drown right. Plus there are many more bugs. Have a look at the screenshot bellow, which shows how the app looks in Kol's Olive Verde and XPM Classic. I know that you want this theme to be very usable. It can be. Please fix them. It is clearly a theme problem.

It has to be usable by everybody. It if itsn't, then what is the point?

Thank you for taking the time to make a potentially great theme.

Thanks for the feedback (Y)

Spooky, thanks for the bug report, but:

It has to be usable by everybody. It if itsn't, then what is the point?

Bit of a pointless comment considering this is the RC1 release, in which I released deliberately to find bugs :?)

Where can I get that application? It seems that the erroneous buttons are because it can't seem to handle them being PNG format.

The combo because are because of the way the app renders them. I'll be trying a technique that sort this out while keeping the style.

what is the best font to use with this visuals style ? what font is everyone using ?

586205884[/snapback]

That's all down to preference.

I can tell you that the final version will have these three fonts:

Trebuchet MS

Tahoma

Bet Stream Vera Sans (will supply with theme)

I will be adding Bit Stream because it is a very nice True Type font with native Anti-Aliasing.

It has to be usable by everybody.  It if itsn't, then what is the point?

586204247[/snapback]

I theme for myself 1st generally...so its its usable for me its fine for release...

Hey b0se,

first off nice theme I really like!

Secondly, don't now if you already know but, there seems to be problems with the buttons!

See here

Before the mouse moves over the buttons:

before.png

After the mouse moves over the buttons:

after.png

Example is WindowsUpdate V6, but Allway Sync (app) has the same problem!

Best regards,

neksus

Damn cool opera skin, Too bad i use Firefox:(

586206226[/snapback]

Thats not a skin, it's Opera using the Windows Native 'theme', i.e. skinned by XP. I used it instead of FF as it draws combo boxes correctly :?)

Kyuubi: Tonight (about 10 hours from now as I'm at work)(Y))