XPM Classic RC3

Agentsmith and I were talking and agreed that the current plain shellstyle doesn't really work so well. It just looks incomplete without a designed shellstyle

Agentsmith and I were talking and agreed that the current plain shellstyle doesn't really work so well. It just looks incomplete without a designed shellstyle

586210370[/snapback]

i agree... even though i don't really use the shellstyles....

This is my new favorite VS.

*cough* bose make more colors :) *cough*

586210370[/snapback]

No offense to the both of you but I like the shell. Although it was from an old b0se theme it is universal and fits well enough in my opinion. To each his own however.

i used ur extra large font suggestion and it made my opera browser look mentally retarded :huh:

586210338[/snapback]

It's annoying when it does that, most of the font's change from Trebuchet MS to Courier New, I'm going to make a posy about it in the opera forums and see what people over there say. I have had this happen with a few themes in the past and it's quite annoying.

For those that have the bug with the multiple start panel columns, I have found a work around without having to sort your start menu. You can go to the old Win 98 method of scrolling the program list. To set this right click on a blank area of the start menu where it says All Programs -> Properties -> Start Menu Tab -> Customize -> Advanced Tab -> Then scroll down the list and check "Scroll Programs".

That should fix the bug for you. The only drawback is that you now must click the All Programs button. (If there is a way to not have to click it I'd love to know how)

I hope this will please some of you and for the rest, I suggest just organizing your start panel.

It's annoying when it does that, most of the font's change from Trebuchet MS to Courier New, I'm going to make a posy about it in the opera forums and see what people over there say. I have had this happen with a few themes in the past and it's quite annoying.

586210421[/snapback]

yeah seriously, especially when it happens to kick arse styles... :angry:

Hey b0se do you think you could maybe make an inverted version like this (attached). I made just a 30 sec mod but maybe when you finish the theme an invert of the colours would look cool. :)

post-19493-1121308463_thumb.jpg

post-27607-1121308428.jpg

I decided on trying out XPM for a few days and found that I needed a StylerToolbar theme to match. I like the way it's coming out so far. :happy:

Again, great theme. Looking forward to this going Final.

I decided on trying out XPM for a few days and found that I needed a StylerToolbar theme to match. I like the way it's coming out so far. :happy:

586210562[/snapback]

Any chance at making a Yz toolbar format too, cause it looks great?

Any chance at making a Yz toolbar format too, cause it looks great?

586210570[/snapback]

I doubt it. Dropped YzToolbar once I got STB. Besides, the spacing, sizing and functionality isn't possible in YzTB. :p

Ooooooh, that is really nice (Y)(Y)

586210562[/snapback]

586210562[/snapback]

that is beautiful!! i want it... right now. :)

Ok, green flash will be put back in when I get home tonight. Ah the beauty of RC releases. Nothing worse than releasing XYZ Final, then XYZ Final 1.5, 2.1... 30.4 :?)

kgraphic: Very nice, send it to me when it's finished and I'll add it to the final release. Will link it from first page until then. Thanks.

Regarding Opera: Yes, sometime it can't handle font changes - very annoying.

Spooky: The combo's work in everything(Y))

first off excellent styles b0se i have all your styles on my PC and there all excellent.

However i've found a bug. Here the bug is if you want to fix it:-

AVG7

avg.png

Creative MediaSource

creative.png

As you can see they are the same bug. They both have a gap between the close and minimize button.

There is also a little annoying problem with the taskbar:-

taskbar.png

The original is the left mine is the right. Is it possible for you to move the text down a pixel so its in the center. Sorry for being picky lol :D

I also found some bugs in firefox:

Normal

fx-normal.png

Secure

fx-bug.png

If you don't want to/cannot fix the firefox bug i'll just have a go a creating a firefox theme for this visual style.

Edited by Limit-Studios

One thing I've noticed... with a few menus, I get odd character spacing. Like with 'Windows Media Player'... it looks more like 'Wind ows Media Player'.

Just thought you should know!

I can't wait until this is done. I'll be using it for awhile!

Limit: That is not a bug, the buttons are actually disabled.

I might add a disabled state though, make them only slightly visible as it does look odd.

AVG - good choice :?)

Edit: Did you change theme parameters to move the taskband text? Or is it a visual edit?

Regarding the SSL combo - not sure there is anything I can do about that I'm afraid...

k thanxs and other chance for the bugs i just added now mainly the taskbar and maybe the firefox one.

AVG thanxs just got rid of norton awhile back.

One thing I've noticed... with a few menus, I get odd character spacing. Like with 'Windows Media Player'... it looks more like 'Wind ows Media Player'.

Just thought you should know!

I can't wait until this is done. I'll be using it for awhile!

586211682[/snapback]

Not following you with this one? Got a picture?

its a visual edit. Not sure if its possible tho but it does look better.

K don't worry about the SSL i'll create a XPM Classic firefox theme or modify that area to fix it.

Not following you with this one? Got a picture?

586211719[/snapback]

winm.png

thats what he means notice the window title looks spaced; it looks like Windo ws. But i think it is a font issue

can the button to the left of minimize be styled

Edited by Limit-Studios