[Golf] 2005 British Open

Man, am I the only one who got a little choked up at the standing ovation as Jack tee'd off this morning?

Just watched the replay again, and man... Jack's got class. The game of golf will not be the same without him.

In just general, it's sad to see all the original greats/fathers of golf slowly retiring from the game they raised and grew to love. Jack is what I consider the greatest player of golf and if it wasn't for him, we probably wouldn't have Tiger Woods or any of the younger players that are playing at the level they are today. He set the standards high and well, he must be proud of what he did for a game that has come so far. I'm sad to see him go, but I was shocked when I saw Greg Norman playing...

Faldo had an amzing finish with a 3, 2 on 17, 18 with two incredible shots. He wasn't in contention or anything but it was a hell of a way to finish up. And Tiger has pulled quite a ways away from Monty and Olazabal. They struggled a bit and he's been steady, shooting a -3 on the day. Looks like 10 majors is just another 20-30 minutes away.

well i woke up, turned on the tv, switched to abc, and then saw oli putt, and then tiger tap in for the win. congrats tiger...pretty dominant if you ask me. so much for the drought, he's really turned things around.

Anyone see the commercials for the "Battle at the Bridges"? Tiger and Daly are taking on Lefty and Goosen in a primetime showdown on July 25th. Looks like it should be fun.

That does sound cool. Anybody watch the American Century Celeb Event at Tahoe? Man, I'll have to catch one of those in person someday. It looked like those guys were having a blast! Ray Romano's group spent most of the time cuttin' up and joking with the crowd. Looks like fun. :)