Bungee Jumping!

not really a sport, but i think it's the best place to put it.

i will be jumping off of this bridgemont.GIF

tomorrow morning. so if you don't see me afterwards, you know what happened :p

you can see more here: www.bungeeamerica.com

anyone else gone bungee jumping before? this is my first time.

have fun man. i have only done skydiving. never bungeed.

anyway skydiving was easier for me to do because i only got a 3 second free fall tops before the parachute automatically openned.

anyway in my forthcoming jumps i will be doing self deployd jumps with the longer freefall. shouldbe as fun as bungee.

btw dont you have to jump head down for the bungee? that would be pretty damn scary.

the main factor for parachutes for me was that at the height of 3000 feet everything seem surreal and its like a video game.

you have plenty of time to react and the ground is really far off.

with bungee it is not nearly as high so you fall until you are perty close to the ground before you feel the bungee cord...

they said they can do ankle jumps or the regular harness. i will probably do regular :p

hehe, i think parachuting seems more scary...

i would do bungee but i got a question. regular hardness - where does it attach to?

i messed up my knee in a ski accident, so i really would not want to be flying down with the only think to stop me being attched to me lower then my weak knee

(the ligaments are streched out the the knee does not hold in place all too well on one side. it only muscle which lock it in place)

Wow both of those sound pretty scary. But I think I would rather sky dive because like panacea said you have more time to react or whatever. Have fun. :)

The line of applicants for BroChaos' staff position starts on the left.

have a good one dude and enjoy the moment.

I went skydiving from 12,500ft last month, I'm planning on doing bunjee jumping in august, tell us how it goes and have fun!

I've done it all, bunjee, skydive, parasailed, hangglide, HALO jumps, cliffdiving, bunjee from a hot air balloon, girder diving... if it is crazy and life threatening, I have probably done it.

damn dude, where do you live?

halo jumping? were you in the army? or do they offer that to the public as well?

I've done it all, bunjee, skydive, parasailed, hangglide, HALO jumps, cliffdiving, bunjee from a hot air balloon, girder diving... if it is crazy and life threatening, I have probably done it.

586220814[/snapback]

You've done what I want to do, this summer my plan is Skydiving, Bunjee Jumping, Parasailing, White water Rafting .. skydiving is done, and the rest is in august during my roadtrip.

You should get a B.A.S.E. #, if you havne't gotten one.

damn dude, where do you live?

halo jumping?  were you in the army?  or do they offer that to the public as well?

586220838[/snapback]

No.. they don't offer it to the public... Highly illegal, especially in public areas... :devil:

I did them in Canada, and in South America.

oh man... i envy you so much....

anyway... i've always wondered how annoying is it when the cord whips back up? i mean.. it must pull you up quite hard after a free falling...

yes.. the very first time it is unnerving... don't eat anything before hand, and triple check the bindings, and then triple check them again. Make sure you have good boots with excellent anke support, and if you have weak ankles/knees to wrap them.

well here's the thing. i was actually planning on not eating...but then i remembered that it's an old bridge in the middle of the mountains that had it's road washed out. it's a 2 hour hike to the bridge, and a 2 hour hike back. so i'd have to hike 2 hours on an empty stomach....and then eat lunch after the jump.

Thats why i have my own gear, inspect it compulsively, and rarely use the same cord for more than a dozen jumps. I usually double the amount of rigging required.

and i'm not going to be watching that video anytime soon :p

this place is supposedly the best in the country, and do all of the hollywood stunts, and have never even had an injury...(knock on wood).

and i'm pretty sure i'll be more safe bungee jumping than i am driving the los angeles freeways every day.