first tattoo

i took a picture of my arm, and photoshopped it to see what my tattoo would look like.. i'm pretty much set on it saying 'veritas' meaning truth in latin. but i'm still not sure about the font. i want an old script font. maybe something that looks broken... any suggestions would be appreciated.

post-20802-1122336386_thumb.jpg

Looks rather gang-related, I can't imagine defacing my own body in such a manner.

Which reminds me, I need to look into buying stock in companies that make the lasers for tatoo removal. That's gonna really boom in the next 5-10 years.

if you guys don't have anything constructive to say, please get out of my thread. i'm looking for suggestions on what other good fonts i could use, not your opinion on whether i should get it or not or what you think of tattoos. obviously it's my body and my choice.

Well if you know where you are going to get it done for sure, you can talk to your tattoo artist. They will usually draw something out for you in various different styles and whatnot if you aren't sure what you want. They've got some sample stuff too that you could check out to see if you like any of the fonts they already have. Most tattoo artists are pretty nice and are willing to help you out. Just make sure you are certain you like it before you get it done ;)

Anyone watch that show Miami Ink, and that Italian dude who spelled the letters of his italian tattoo wrong, and the guy already tattoooed it on his arm before anyone noticed.. :laugh:

Wouldn't it be better if it appeared upside down... Usually your arm is down to your side, so if it's upside down in the picture you have, it'll look right when your arm is down. Also the spacing is quite large and it looks a tad odd being so close to your wrist joint.

Anyone watch that show Miami Ink, and that Italian dude who spelled the letters of his italian tattoo wrong, and the guy already tattoooed it on his arm before anyone noticed.. :laugh:

586271847[/snapback]

I watched that....and that was so funny. The tattoo guy was like "hold on...don't freak out yet" It looked pretty crappy in the end :laugh:

Dude, if you have to ask on here, an internet message board, about something that will be on your arm for the rest of your life then I would seriously think about wether or not you really want to go ahead with this...

As for your mockup, I think you should have the letters a lot closer together, so they're practically joined. Might need a different font for that though.

if you guys don't have anything constructive to say, please get out of my thread. i'm looking for suggestions on what other good fonts i could use, not your opinion on whether i should get it or not or what you think of tattoos. obviously it's my body and my choice.

586271473[/snapback]

Well, you asked us to tell you what we think, so just because you dont like what we think, does not mean its not 'constructive'

Looks like crap the way you have it going down your arm like that, upside down to everyone else.

Make a photoshop of how it would look going down your spine, I think that would look cool.

edit: Like maybe positioned like this (Ignore that I don't have any good fonts):

post-38039-1122358034.png

Edited by Quick Reply

Well, you asked us to tell you what we think, so just because you dont like what we think, does not mean its not 'constructive'

586272325[/snapback]

when you have people like rudy popping in to say 'lame', thats not very constructive. i will photoshop is again with the text upside down to me and right side up for everyone else. and yes, the idea was from boondock. was a pretty good movie but thats not why i've chosen this word. someone asked what the word meant to me... 'truth', well it means a lot. it should to most others too. i'm going to ask again, if you're just going to comment on how stupid the tattoo is to you, it isn't to me and i've thought about it a lot. just because i post it on neowin asking for suggestions doesn't mean a thing about how serious i am about getting it. i'm just trying to get some input from an outside source, people that don't know me. it doesn't matter, in the end it's my choice. i'm still not sure yet because of how big of a thing it is to do and that it's well, permanent for the msot part. thanks for all those who gave me suggestions.

doesnt look that bad. if it's something you really like and enjoy than who cares what anybody thinks. i just have one thing to say, are you sure thats the best spot? some jobs wont hire you if you have an easily seen tattoo. and for that one you might have to wear long sleeve shirts in some places, unless you already work, idk. lol.

the one im getting is going to be on my upper right arm on my bicep. its just going to be a black outline of new jersey. just the outline, and the outline border will be skinny, not thick like in the pic. i may even add dots to the inside to show where i live and if i ever mover to any other towns...

Englewood,_New_Jersey%20edit.png

Yea, sometimes you have to deal with those who think tattoos (or anything else that you want/linke) are bad/worthless/etc...

Ignore them...

I'm getting my 17th piece tomorrow. As for the font, be aware the smaller lines often bleed together. I've had a dozen different artists across the country do work for me, and very few of them can do the detail work required for the small lines. My fav is Anil Gupta here in NYC. His work is AMAZING!

I also agree with the post about the fact that the facing of the tat so that it is facing you will look "off" to others seeing it. You do want it to be viewable to both yourself and others.

Oh, and I have a friend in marketing at Veritas (now Symantec) so when you get the tat send a pic so I can pass it to her, she'll love it.

I would like to add the font looks better than my Navy and jailhouse tattoo's I got, Although I would suggest that making it smaller, it so it don't take up so much of your arm, maybe get a pic of something with that word on it, good word though, meaning is strong.

I've got a chincese scroll on my leeft forearem and a grim reaper w/ a TaiChi sword on my upper right arm. I am working a third in which the tip of the sword will fade into a wisp of smoke in that, THAT will turn into a hand holding a fallen maiden.. ::D So in the furture my right arm is gonna be covered.