Windows Vista Beta 1

just release the beta MS come on, we're waiting

full agree

586279428[/snapback]

it's 6am in redmont right now ;) you are gona have a wait yet... at the minimum 2hrs before microsoft employees start to show up and really start working

If anyone is interested, people with legitimate screenshots can PM me and I will be glad to arrange mirroring of the screenshots for everyone else to see.

actually, it sounds they dont want me:

Status Program Application Date                                                                        Details Next Action

Pending Windows code name "Longhorn" Beta Program  7/18/2005 Details  Decline Participation

Whats up with that..i can click on the decline but i dont want to

586279741[/snapback]

everyone has that, its a last minute allowance to decline participation, it means nothing to you unless you want to drop out before they make you in permanatly

it's 6am in redmont right now ;) you are gona have a wait yet... at the minimum 2hrs before microsoft employees start to show up and really start working

586279752[/snapback]

:laugh: :laugh:

Question for you all: On my connect site, it lists the "Longhorn" and IE7 beta under "Current Active Sites", but nothing under "Program Participtation Status". I take it that all I have to do is wait?

586279737[/snapback]

I have an "Active" listed under Program Participation Status, you might want to double check with MS

I really really really hope the beta will run on my laptop with an integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 card. >_<

586279806[/snapback]

yeah, I will also like to know what is the real minimun system require to run Vista Beta? :huh:

They are releasing Longhorn Server today also.....

And I heard between 3 and 4pm PST today....so don't be too upset it isn't available right at 3

586279747[/snapback]

Windows Server 2007 isn't shipping until 2007, so why is Microsoft bringing out the beta today. I don't think the beta for the Server is coming out today. No one has metioned being nominated for that, and Microsoft isn't going to mix the betas, so no I don't think so.

yeah, anyone know what the minimum requirements are?

Not what it says on the box, but the REAL minimum.

Correction, the real minimum so you can actually have a good or smooth experience.

I want to use it on a 3.2GHz, 1.5gb Ram, 64mbnVidia G-Force FX machine.l

Windows Server 2007 isn't shipping until 2007, so why is Microsoft bringing out the beta today. I don't think the beta for the Server is coming out today. No one has metioned being nominated for that, and Microsoft isn't going to mix the betas, so no I don't think so.

586279811[/snapback]

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3522461

Windows Vista, Server and IE 7 Betas to Arrive in Synch

Microsoft (Quote, Chart) confirmed to internetnews.com that it will deliver the beta 1 version of Longhorn Server on August 3, along with the beta 1 release Internet Explorer 7.

This says they are shipping together

Why does everyone want to be the first to get anything. Like, it will be there tomorrow too people. And the next day, and so on. Take it easy.

I really really really hope the beta will run on my laptop with an integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2 card. >_<

586279806[/snapback]

I am sure the beta will run, the real question we need to ask is will it be able to do Aero Glass...

yeah, anyone know what the minimum requirements are?

Not what it says on the box, but the REAL minimum.

Correction, the real minimum so you can actually have a good or smooth experience.

I want to use it on a 3.2GHz, 1.5gb Ram, 64mbnVidia G-Force FX machine.l

586279828[/snapback]

They have been saying 128mb of video memory for the Aero Glass experience....but I have a feeling they might bring that down....