Windows Vista BETA 1 (SATA RAID)

Has anyone had any luck installing on a RAID array which requires drivers at install time. More specifically has anyone managed to get it going on an Intel ICHR5 sata raid controller.

Forget about it man, I don't even think Windows Vista will work with SATA RAID (or even SATA by itself) at all until manufacturer's release drivers, and they always say "We don't release drivers for beta operating systems", so wait until 2007 or get a PC built in 1998.

By the way, I have NVIDIA SATA RAID, and I got to the point where it showed my drives in the menu, but then it crashed with a 0x000000A blue screen. Geez.

I installed Vista on this...

- Intel? 82801FR SATA RAID Controller

- Intel? 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller

Works fine for me.

Edit: No I didn't "floppy load" the drivers, Vista just installed fine with the built in partition manager:o:o

I installed Vista on this...

- Intel? 82801FR SATA RAID Controller

- Intel? 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller

Works fine for me.

They use the IaStor.sys driver right?

I wonder if it includes Intel? 82801EB SATA RAID Controller drivers.

The drivers for your Raid controller are included with my current drivers so theres hope at least.

They use the IaStor.sys driver right?

I wonder if it includes Intel? 82801EB SATA RAID Controller drivers.

The drivers for your Raid controller are included with my current drivers so theres hope at least.

586288868[/snapback]

I am sorry, but I really don't know. It just went as this...asked me for my key, accept the agreement, and I CAN see my hard drives..so I am guessing it already has my/our RAID drivers built in.

I am sorry, but I really don't know. It just went as this...asked me for my key, accept the agreement, and I CAN see my hard drives..so I am guessing it already has my/our RAID drivers built in.

586288880[/snapback]

You do actually have your Harddisks in a raid array, and not just in IDE mode on the intel raid controller though right?

i had to put one of my old 10gig drives in the ide channel so that i could continue with the installation, then i got to the point where it accepted the drivers off the floppy disk (make sure there are no folders on the disk)

however i had to fix the boot.ini file on the 10gig as it had xp on it allready

apart from that it was quite easy

You do actually have your Harddisks in a raid array, and not just in IDE mode on the intel raid controller though right?

586288893[/snapback]

I only have 1 hard drive. A Western Digital 160 GB NCQ / SATA.

I've read that many people are having success with the drivers Windows Vista has for SATA drives. Also a plus I hear is that you can load drivers off of thumbdrives and CDs now, no more floppies.

I've also been trying to install Vista on my nf3 raid but with no success... I've tried a few different drivers on a floppy but I just get an error that says they are unable to be installed.

Anyone have any luck with an nf3 yet?

I had to use a floppy and load the drivers before windows could see the partitions. I'm using a raid-0 array, and my controller is "Intel? 82801ER SATA RAID Controller".

If your drives aren't raided, then you most likely won't need the drivers. If they are, be prepared to load them from floppy.

I have the drivers on a floppy but I get an error...

???

586301179[/snapback]

Did you choose the right hardware when it prompts you?

I've tried all of them. It says something like unable to install driver.

I tried to install it on an old 12 gb drive I had laying around and it says that the local disc is not sufficient enough for the temporary files and then a dll is missing.

i insert my floppy but i cannot find the drivers and that sux because i only have one drive

anyone got vista working on a VT8237?

Silicon Image 3112  (Si3112r.inf) works fine

586293859[/snapback]

Ditto. Installing right now about half way in 30minutes. Installing alot slower then the previous installations. :yes: :cry:

Has anyone successfully installled it with nForce4 chipset in Raid0/Sata config ?

Will Vista recognize the Raid Satas and own drivers , or do the ones for XP work fine ?

I run an ASUS A8N-SLI :p

Regards,

NAR