How to submit news to Neowin

Dear Neowin Readers,

This guide is to help get users to submit news to Neowin : have you ever wanted to submit your own juicy news story to Neowin?! Or maybe you've just found some news that Neowin hasn't got to yet... Well, we do want to hear from you! This is a guide on how you can get started submitting news to Neowin in no time at all.

Neowin News submit guide

First, you are able to submit news to Neowin via the link below. Before submitting some news though, I suggest that you thoroughly read the news posting guidelines, which are available at the submit page. Following the guidelines will greatly increase your chance of getting your news submitted. We look for quality, not quantity. We love to see readers comments, thoughts and analysis on the subjects they are writing about. Who knows, if you put enough of them through the system, we might just take you on full time!

Posting Guidelines:

https://www.neowin.net/submitnews.php?action=help'>https://www.neowin.net/submitnews.php?action=help (see below)

News Submit page:

https://www.neowin.net/submitnews.php https://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=submit_news

News Submission Q&A

This Q&A was designed to help answer some of the most common questions that people have when it comes to submitting news. If you would like anything added, or have a question to ask, feel free to PM me explaining your question.

Q: I submitted my article, but it didn't appear on the main page yet!

A:When you submit a news article, it gets put into a news queue where the news staff must view and approve your topic. This process can take from a few minutes up to a few hours -we suggest you be patient.

Q: I've waited more than a few hours, even a day and my story hasn't been put on the frontpage. Whats wrong?

A: The most likely explanation for this problem is that there is something wrong with your article, and it was not approved by the news staff.

Q:Why!?

A: Possible reasons for this include poor article content, no source included (or no additional info if you wrote the story). You can find more reasons on the News guidelines page.

Q:Should i re-submit it?

A: Please do NOT re-submit the same article more than once.

Q: I saw someone post the story I submitted! The nerve! How dare you!

A: We're sorry, see the reasons above. Please remember that we never pick on our members, and always try hard to make them happy!

End note

Neowin is always looking for new writers to be added to the team. If you have great writing skills, and think that you could be an asset to us, feel free to submit news to us whenever you can. I can assure you, you will be noticed! Just make sure that you strive to:

• Maintain quality in all of your articles
  • Follow the news guidelines well
  • Write your own news articles (No copy & paste)

Have fun!

Edited by Fred Derf

not a bad guide, whys this in BPN though ;) shouldnt it be somewhere in the guides forum :p

can you submit news in HTML btw? or just plain text?

not a bad guide, whys this in BPN though

586319208[/snapback]

I think become members have been starting threads in BPN that would otherwise be Front Page worthy.

A: Please do NOT re-submit the same article more than once.

586319099[/snapback]

that's redundant.

It should be:

Please do NOT re-submit the same article.

OR

Please do NOT submit the same article more than once.

:)

Q1: I am an INDIAN, so my grammer is different from that of USA or UK! Will u edit my contribution?

Q2: If it is edited will it display (EDITED CONTENT) in the displayed contribution?

Q3: Will the news offer my provided links into it or you simply won't allow? I use blogs and flickr for photos and other infos!

• 1 month later...
Q1: I am an INDIAN, so my grammer is different from that of USA or UK! Will u edit my contribution?

Q2: If it is edited will it display (EDITED CONTENT) in the displayed contribution?

Q3: Will the news offer my provided links into it or you simply won't allow? I use blogs and flickr for photos and other infos!

586343176[/snapback]

Yes, they'll edit it. As long as you try and d0n't rite liek thes you'll be fine :)

No, it wont display (edited by:) on the main page.

As long as it's not advertising something. It needs to be main-page wothy, basically meaning something interesting for neowin members to read. If you're talking about using a blog for a source, no.

Or maybe you've just found some news that Neowin doesn't hasn't got to yet

586319099[/snapback]

double-negative

Well, we want to do hear from you!

586319099[/snapback]

unneeded word

sorry, used to be a proofreader/maintain training manuals :D

double-negative

unneeded word

sorry, used to be a proofreader/maintain training manuals  :D

586573788[/snapback]

The first word in a sentence should have a capital letter :p

The first word in a sentence should have a capital letter :p

586574655[/snapback]

Those were phrases, not sentences, capitalization and punctuation were not necessary. :p :p

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...