Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Update.exe ...

w00t!

:D

Betamail@microsoft.com to me

1:13 am (17 minutes ago)

Dear beta tester,

Welcome to the Windows Package Installer 6.2 beta!  We will be starting within a few days; please take a few minutes to review the information on the Beta Place Welcome page and linked pages.  During your first visit to our beta site, you will be presented with the EULA survey.  Accepting the EULA is a condition for continuing in the beta.

When the beta begins, you will receive the 'Beta Is Live' e-mail containing information on downloading the Beta Kit with files and information that you will require for this beta. While the Kit is not currently available, the link to it will be live when the beta begins.

The installation of Windows update packages is typically an automated process that requires little input from the user. However, as a beta tester in the Windows Package Installer 6.2 Beta Program, you may benefit by understanding a little more about the Windows Package Installer and the installation process. A short tutorial is available on our Beta Place site, on the Installer Tutorial link.

If you have any questions about the beta, please do not hesitate to contact me at a-rogeh@microsoft.com.  I look forward to working with you on this interesting beta.

Warm regards,

Roger Holland

Beta Manager

Laters,

Danny

I got it also, but i also got 3 other acceptance letters today and none have shown on my beta site yet. I thinks there doing to maintance work or something.

update: I finally just got the newsgroups for all my betas today including the windows installer 6.2 :D

same here;)

586334914[/snapback]

same here! had mine for a week now (approx.)!

Austin, what other betas?

586334945[/snapback]

A new office beta called scorecards or something like that, and i got an invite and acceptance into the windows sms 2003 sp2.

Edited by SkaterAustin

Also got in the beta but a LOOOONG time ago. I havent even installed it yet. I belive its on my beta site...let me check for y'all....

EDIT: Nope. I was wrong. Isnt in my beta site either.

pTony - Where did you sign up to be a MSN Messenger beta tester? I use messenger alot and always download the leak betas so Id love to offically test it out for Microsoft.

i got accepted too the same also but not my beta place yet. hehe Poor Roger mess up with welcome emails :) feel sorry for him.

Dear Package Installer 6.2 beta tester,

On Friday, the e-mail welcoming you to the Package Installer 6.2 beta

was sent. However, the process for changing your beta status to APPROVED

was not successful, resulting in you being unable to see the beta when

you visit Beta Place.

I apologize for the understandable confusion that this has caused. This

morning I have re-submitted the permissions change request and verified

that it was successful. The permissions updates take 24 hours to

become active.

Tomorrow morning, Tuesday, you will be able to access the Installer 6.2

beta program through Beta Place, including the EULA. Please be patient

until tomorrow and accept my apologies for the delay!

Warm regards,

Roger Holland

Beta Manager