Broadband

I just thought this was funny...

broadband.png

my brother is sending me a 'few' files through my FTP. We had never seen a "days" dialog before.

It's also kind of funny that we get awesome connections with everyone else in the world but each other...

Just thought I'd share.

Thanks to my brother, Evil, for the screen ;)

I run fiber optic he runs dsl. We both get fantastic rates with everyone else we connect to. Whats so funny is that we only live about 10 miles away from each other. We could burn cd's of the files, walk them to each others houses, and be back enjoying a beer before this transfer was finished.

Gezzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!! carrier piegon's take less time. And your providers say there is nothing wrong. Maybe your system and your brother's just don't like each other. That is odd.

Originally posted by Borg77

LOL! Time to get that OC-196 pipeline.

Yeah, that would be nice :)

I wonder why it takes so long, that speed just sucks :)

My brother and I are 10 miles apart. I ran traceroute on a new transfer (we killed that 51 day transfer yesterday) and it seems our data is moved over most of North America and into Britain and then back again.:dead:

So he's bringing me some data cd's tomorrow (in exchange for a sweet 2 hour Bruce Lee biography I have on tape)...looks like we'll be finished 47 days early!

What's funny is I ran a traceroute on a Q3 server located about 100 miles away from me that I use alot...the data doesn't even leave the state. Go figure.

He seems to have an excellent connection...

I attribute it to luck. We have no luck when trying to interact with one another online. If something can go wrong, it will. I think our tech auras repel or something.

Well both of you might want to try using a proxy. That might help keep your connection nodes within the US and speed things up. Not sure if it'll work, but just a suggestion.