M-Audio Audiophile Problem?

Just recently bought the M-Audio Audiophile, and i have the tape output from my behringer mixer into the input of it and the output from it to my speakers. but whenever i record vocals or any instruments from the tape out of my behringer mixer, i cant monitor them through the speakers, or headphone output, can anyone help me?

Basically my mixer is set up like this, Tape output (Phono RCA) >> Input of Audiophile (Phono RCA). Im using Adobe Audition, my computer reconises the Audiophile as the main Soundcard for Input and Output. Yes i am able to record sound into my software. Theres no settings to turn the input up on the Audiophile, its controled by the Behringer, you can only turn the output up or down.

Simon.

Did you do this?

Delta Control Panel > Patchbay/Router tab > H/W Out 1/2 (or S/PDIF if you use an external DAC): Monitor Mixer

Monitor Mixer tab > unmute H/W in 1/2 and/or pull the sliders up.

One of the potentials the Audiophile USB ?seemed? to offer was the ability to connect an external CD or DVD player to utilize the 24/96 DAC. It has the inputs, so why wouldn?t I try them? Well, I did, but unfortunately, I got no sound from using either the analog or digital inputs.

My best guess as to why the analog or digital inputs would not work is because of the requirement for a mixer, or maybe specialized recording software. I put the question to M-Audio?s tech support and they confirmed that the inputs are only active with recording software.

(source)

It seems the driver doesn't offer monitoring of the inputs, if would have to be done from inside the recording software.

Unfortunately I don't know if Audition (or any other software) offers that option.

sorted it, you need an ASIO driver program to run it, even tho theres a slight delay on the monitoring, some you win, some you dont. cherrs anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
sorted it, you need an ASIO driver program to run it, even tho theres a slight delay on the monitoring, some you win, some you dont. cherrs anyway.

586412608[/snapback]

Hi, Simon, could you be more specific about the solution, please? :) I have the same problem...

Cheers!