Installing OSX ona PC

Yo my pc was designed for Windows 98, and I got XP on it now and I have a new HDD that works on Windows and Mac, I was wondering if I could install OSX on my HDD thats in my PC now, Does it matter that it has like Intel **** in it? I don't know Please help.

Yep - as everyone else said impossible. Regardless of the type of harddrive you have, its all that 'Intel s****' in it that stops it from working - you would need 'G4 s****' in your PC to get OSX to install.. in short, you need a Mac :)

you know what screw you man, you can do it ona mac you need virtual pc, i know a guy who did, and i know many people that have you have to make an virtual pc image with the xp image.. anyone else besides rude boy here

Originally posted by Xero

see man yer wrong muahahahaha i feel powerful now

If you knew it could be done via a virtual image, as opposed to a native install, why the heck did you ask if it was possible?:rolleyes:

noo way man!!!!, i heard someone did it, someone else please ;)

I'm sure you did. You else did it then?

As you've already guessed from the replies it's not possible. You simply cannot install OS X on anything other then a PPC based PC.

And installing Windows XP on Virtual PC isn't the same as installing Windows XP on a mac. Virtual PC emulates an Intel PC and as such the performance is nowhere near a normal PC.

Don't attempt runing Virtual PC on a mac with less then 500mb and a G4 processor.

You're not going to install XP on a Mac the way you think you can. You seem to be a very confused little boy.

Sure you can't install OS X on a PC, but you can do the next best thing and install rhapsody ;) even though it's an unfinished pos..... but it's interesting to see MacOS running on intel hardware, so it IS possible to port OS X to a PC, apple's just too dependant on hardware sales to do such a thing :(

Chris

Originally posted by Binary

Sure you can't install OS X on a PC, but you can do the next best thing and install rhapsody ;) even though it's an unfinished pos..... but it's interesting to see MacOS running on intel hardware, so it IS possible to port OS X to a PC, apple's just too dependant on hardware sales to do such a thing :(

Chris

But... Doesn't rhapsody just emulate the old 68k mac processors? PPC is an entirely different architecture from those old ones too, and noone's been able to emulate the PPC CPU's since they were released like 5 or 6 years ago (might be even longer, so correct me if I'm wrong here).

Wish u could i would love to run X ... but i dont wana have to buy a mac :( hehe u enevr know soon mayb some1 might acomplish how to do this ;)

you know what screw you man, you can do it ona mac you need virtual pc, i know a guy who did, and i know many people that have you have to make an virtual pc image with the xp image.. anyone else besides rude boy here

You know what. You sound like one of those 12 year old kids. The guy who you told to "screw off" is a moderator. :)

Keep this up, and u'll get banned faster than you can say "I'm a fool".

Yo my pc was designed for Windows 98, and I got XP on it now and I have a new HDD that works on Windows and Mac, I was wondering if I could install OSX on my HDD thats in my PC now, Does it matter that it has like Intel **** in it? I don't know Please help.

This is a genuine NOO-B ;)

can't beat them, gotta love them!

Hmmm...so has everyone figured out a Mac can run WindowsXP using Virtual PC, that OSX CANNOT run on an x86 (Wintel) machine, some emulators can run olders Mac OS's on x86, and LINUX CAN RUN ON FREAKING ANYTHING!

So that about answers everything except for Darwin questions...

Originally posted by deadzombie

Hmmm...so has everyone figured out a Mac can run WindowsXP using Virtual PC, that OSX CANNOT run on an x86 (Wintel) machine, some emulators can run olders Mac OS's on x86, and LINUX CAN RUN ON FREAKING ANYTHING!

So that about answers everything except for Darwin questions...

dude i think you got it backwards

you can run windows xp on a mac using virtual pc. i don't the way you're describing. if i'm wrong, prove it. :D

Virtual PC for windows will let you run multiple Windows OS's in a Single Environment or linux, or OS/2 or Netware, from your Windows Desktop.

Virtual PC for mac will let you run any version of Windows On Mac, DOS or linux From your Mac Desktop

you cannot run any MAC OS on Windows, there is no emulator to do so.

http://www.connectix.com

read for yourself

if i'm still wrong, prove it. :)