Good D-SLR Camera for beginner

They aren't DSLRs, but the Panasonic Lumix F-series have 12x optical Leica lenses, and are very highly regarded.  You can grab one for a little cheaper than a DSLR.

586651311[/snapback]

indeed, it's a DSLR-like but for almost half the price, you can get one

depend on the need of everyone

I shot in RAW and filled a 2GB card in just over a day, morning to night and through. Where's this going?

I agree with the quality aspect though, get this highest quality card you can afford, then consider the highest quantity you can afford to pick up of that card. That's what I done, chose the range of cards I wanted, picked the capacity I felt was a good price.

586435147[/snapback]

:pinch: Wow, you take alot of photos. It takes me about a week to fill my 256MB card. :laugh:

Edited by Game

:pinch: Wow, you take alot of photos. It takes me about a week to fill my 256MB card. :laugh:

586682164[/snapback]

Really? I fill up my 2 GB card just about every time I shoot with it. I shoot RAW and fill it up quickly. I forget how big the files are, but I thought they were 8mb which really doesn't make sense (I would assume 3 or so bytes/pixel * 8 million pixels).

I have the 350 D as my first d-slr and I think its great!

• 3 weeks later...
ouches!

well, i want to get into photography first, then would love to be able to take nice piccies of racing i go to.

586651667[/snapback]

Go for it! I took my own advice I gave earlier in the thread and got mine for ?370 a week ago... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=7557833250

Really impressed with it, work's been getting in the way of getting to grips with it but I'm VERY impressed with it so far, if you want me to take some sample pics just shout :yes::

• 3 weeks later...
Nikon D50 kit, great starter kit.

586846499[/snapback]

either D50 and Rebel XT are good choice

if you have more money, then D70s or 20D

they all compare. ie shutter speed and stuff