Internet Explorer 7

Really nice way to rip a theme and it doesnt even looks nice :crazy:

I spent a lot of time making my Longhorn theme and reworking a lot of image and you rip it and release it without permission. :angry: :angry:

Really nice way to rip a theme and it doesnt even looks nice?:crazy::

I spent a lot of time making my Longhorn theme and reworking a lot of image and you rip it and release it without permission.?:angry:y::angry:ry:

586481237[/snapback]

which longhorn theme did you make? can you post a linky?

edit...

nvm, it's in your WWW button...

edit... again...

i just looked at your two themes side by side and it doesnt look like a rip anymore than your theme is a rip of longhorn's. i could be wrong though... can you point out the key things that make your theme unique that he ripped?

this exact situation is why i stopped designing modified / ported versions of microsoft things... it's so hard to claim that your peice is originial... and i definately dont want to offend anyone here... we are all designers here.

Edited by jivemastert

which longhorn theme did you make?  can you post a linky?

edit...

nvm, it's in your WWW button...

edit... again...

i just looked at your two themes side by side and it doesnt look like a rip anymore than your theme is a rip of longhorn's.  i could be wrong though... can you point out the key things that make your theme unique that he ripped?

this exact situation is why i stopped designing modified / ported versions of microsoft things... it's so hard to claim that your peice is originial... and i definately dont want to offend anyone here... we are all designers here.

586482201[/snapback]

You are saying that it doesnt matter how many hours I spent working on the graphics (I have reworked a lot of image for my Longhorn theme. Except those used in the Taskbar and Start Menu) and coding for this themes?? Then someone just import the theme and change some graphics and release it. It doesnt work that way. :no: :crazy:

You are saying that it doesnt matter how many hours I spent working on the graphics (I have reworked a lot of image for my Longhorn theme. Except those used in the Taskbar and Start Menu) and coding for this themes?? Then someone just import the theme and change some graphics and release it. It doesnt work that way.  :no:  :crazy:

586482279[/snapback]

no. what im saying is this... lonhorn's theme was created by microsoft so variations of it are hard to distinguish from one another, so before you come out with claims like "he ripped my port of a theme" then please provide evidence. im sure since you recoded a bunch of stuff and you know what to look for, providing evidence shouldnt be that big of a deal. whenever i accuse someone of ripping my stuff (and it happened before...) then im always prepared with evidence of the rip. so please provide the evidence... if it's a rip then im sure DeviantArt and Neowin will both take it down.... it's up to you, the original designer though.

no.  what im saying is this... lonhorn's theme was created by microsoft so variations of it are hard to distinguish from one another, so before you come out with claims like "he ripped my port of a theme" then please provide evidence.  im sure since you recoded a bunch of stuff and you know what to look for, providing evidence shouldnt be that big of a deal.  whenever i accuse someone of ripping my stuff (and it happened before...) then im always prepared with evidence of the rip.  so please provide the evidence... if it's a rip then im sure DeviantArt and Neowin will both take it down.... it's up to you, the original designer though.

586482397[/snapback]

Yeah variations of Longhorn themes are hard to distinguish. But when people use the same image and the same names for the images you can clearly see that is a rip. Just import both themes to Stylebuilder and you'll see that everything is like my Longhorn theme. You can import other Longhorn themes and you'll notice a difference in images size, style etc. This one is identical. And the shellstyle use the same images too even the same opacity. The search and movie icons are created by me because when I extracted the image from Longhorn I didnt find any high quality image for Search and Movies.

Here are just some parts of both themes. Take a look at the image and you'll see that they are the same. Import both themes and you'll see that all images sizes and names are the same..

post-1522-1125949256_thumb.jpg

Yeah variations of Longhorn themes are hard to distinguish. But when people use the same image and the same names for the images you can clearly see that is a rip. Just import both themes to Stylebuilder and  you'll see that everything is like my Longhorn theme. You can import other Longhorn themes and you'll notice a difference in images size, style etc. This one is identical. And the shellstyle use the same images too even the same opacity. The search and movie icons are created by me because when I extracted the image from Longhorn I didnt find any high quality image for Search and Movies.

Here are just some parts of both themes. Take a look at the image and you'll see that they are the same. Import both themes and you'll see that all images sizes and names are the same..

586482542[/snapback]

Kol NSOrg Not Your Theme Over Making This Theme OK. :D

Kol NSOrg Not Your Theme Over Making This Theme OK.  :D

586501417[/snapback]

What????? NSOrg didnt use my theme to make this???? Come on everything is the same.

What **** me off is that you just recolor and replace some image and you have the theme. You are tnot the one that spend hours working with values and images to make it look right. :angry:

What????? NSOrg didnt use my theme to make this???? Come on everything is the same.

What **** me off is that you just recolor and replace some image and you have the theme. You are tnot the one that spend hours working with values and images to make it look right.  :angry:

586502170[/snapback]

KoL... I thought you were going to report him to DA and report the thread once you proved it was a rip of your work. Whats going on with that?