MIDI Authoring software

Ok, I want to put some new ringtones on my cellphone. Easiest way that is legally free for me would be to upload midi files to my personal webpage and then connect to that page from my phone and download them.

However, I need to edit these files in order to make them as workable ringtones. Mainly, my cellphone has a weak speaker so I want to increase the volume of them, and one song I need to remove about 15 seconds of intro silence.

Problem is, I lost my old MIDI authoring software in a Harddrive crash, I dont remember where I got it but I am pretty sure it was from an old hardware driver cd, probably for some soudncard I bought years ago.

Well anyway, its gone now and I can't remember what it was called, so ill need to find a new one. Do you have any recommendations? I don't need a super powerful MIDI editor with more features then I can count, just one that can do the two above tasks I need, and if possible, be freeware.

Shareware music machine has a good selection although it doesn't really divide into freeware / shareware / commercial:

Shareware music machine

...you'll want the 'MIDI Sequencers' section.

Also, KVR can divide the search into Freeware:

KVR Freeware Hosts Search

Not much to play with there though. Failing that, find a copy of 'Computer Music' at your local newsagent, the covermount DVD contains everything you'll need and much more.

:)

if you convert it into a .wav then the built in windows "sound recorder" can do all that.

start > accessories > entertainment

586457665[/snapback]

Err, except that im transfeering to a CELLPHONE, a wav would take up 50 or so megs, I think think my cell even has 1 meg of memory. Not to mention it only understands midi files as ringtones.

• 2 weeks later...