Neowin Forums are 1yr Old!

Originally posted by Webgraph

snipped troll post

You got the message I put here. :right:

edited to keep thread from deteiorating

Again, congratz Neowin!

Originally posted by Mr magoo

"Pulling a Keldyn" AKA "Pulling a Homer", to act irresponsibly due to imbibing large quantities of hard liquor, and to generally act the arse in front of your boss (employer).

hahaha! I love it:P

err...I miss the cake, any good presents. Oh well, the forum has always been successful, so many members.

Approximately one month until my birthday;)

[begin chant]neo-win!! neo-win!! neo-win!![/begin chant]

congrats and thanks to all those who made Neowin possible. It has helped through many computer problems and life's challenges too :)

Well its been a fantastic one year and congradulations to RedMak and Neobond, and all the moderators who have come and gone, and all those that will follow.

However we cant forget the newposters they are what attracted me to this site, and no not because they are sexy newsposters because of what they posted, Back in the whistler days is when I fouind this site due to some very intresting and informative new items and ive been a neowinian ever since. So too the newsposters also congradulations, granted this is the birthday of the forums but without the newsposters how many of might not be here?

And these forums ahh the memmories, it kind of brings a salty discharge to your eye doesnt it.

So many memories, like when Kelydn became a mod and all of a sudden it became very difficult to find threads, and when you did 1/2 the time they had

thread closed - keldyn

or the other half

thread moved - Keldyn

ahh how many of us now enjoy his whacking antics and fun stories?

And for me the most memories are in the customisingxp forum, I still remember those haydays of when Myself, y_notm and binary sweated it out using resource hacker and editing the default images one at a time, and editing the resource txt file bit by bit to get our themes out, those where the days hey guys?

And of course Scoobie who can forgget those weeks and threads and threads that were dirtected at scoobie and not in the best way for him either lol

And what about the babes forum, who can forget the babes forum, I know ive got some memories there :p Im joking people lol :)

And who can forget such contraversial people as Wickedkitten, When you see a potentially contraversial topic and she has posted in there, just wait for the fireworks hehe.

None the less I cant believe its been a year already, seems like its been longer, all those late nights and hrs like now just spent on neowin when I clearly could be doing other things, which brings me to this last question

Which is more addictive?

Neowin or smoking?

I have never taken up smoking but I feel very irrate and easily irratible when I dont get my daily fix of neowin :p

So Happy One Year Forums, and Congradulations to neowin in general :D

Originally posted by Osiris

So many memories, like when Kelydn became a mod and all of a sudden it became very difficult to find threads, and when you did 1/2 the time they had

thread closed - keldyn

or the other half

thread moved - Keldyn

ahh how many of us now enjoy his whacky antics and fun stories?

haha! Thanks Osiris and top post by the way!;)

Happy b-day Neowin, I thought it was older when I first saw it but it may have been some other site. Too bad I registered right when phpBB was abandoned :D. Then when I got back in Sept I finally noticed the new forum.

Originally posted by Osiris

Well its been a fantastic one year and congradulations to RedMak and Neobond, and all the moderators who have come and gone, and all those that will follow.

Don't forget about voodoo, tyme, and tingle :)

happy birthday to Neowin. I have been satisfied with the variety of news, information, tweaks, any anything else Neowin has provided over the past year and a half. I remember stumbling onto this site in I believe February or March of 2001. It was very rugged and loosely designed, but it worked and gave alot of info about betas and leaked version of MS software. It was, for me, a good alternative to Activewin.net.

After you guys went down, I thought it was the end of another tech/geek site, but was pleasantly surprised to find you up again in late August/Early September of 2001.

Keep up the good work and have another successful year in the forums.

--Facktor--